facebook

Everything you need to know about 2023 rush

by: helper

Welcome back everyone, I am a senior in one of the top organizations. Rather than lie, and rank my organization high so we get more rushes, I want to help give these freshmen and sophomores objective advice about rush so they can have the best college experience for themselves.

Here is what you need to know about Spring Rush.

First, You will not be treated the same as fall. You really will not be a full member until next fall, meaning you will feel like a pledge from now till next august. Keep that in mind when deciding to rush in the spring over next fall.

Objective Rankings;

Top Tier 1 Fraternities -

A. Delta Sigma Phi (DSIG);(ΔΣΦ)
- This fraternity seems to be where all the top sororities mix, the brotherhood seems intact, they have the best houses out of any fraternity at JMU. Great option.

B. Kappa Alpha (KA);(KA)
- This fraternity is on the rise, seems a very good brotherhood, but is not super diverse, more of a southern fraternity, seems to still be popular with top sororities, and they have a very good house game. Good option, again.

Tier 2 Fraternites

C. Sigma Nu (SIGNU);(ΣΝ)
- This Fraternity was once 2, but has fallen a little bit, they are known as a nicer group of guys. They do not have that good of houses, but they are a decent Fraternity. Decent Choice, but who knows their future they mix with Pike often due to their struggles to produce events as good as DSIG and KA on their own.

D. Pi Kappa Alpha (PIKE);(ΠΚΑ) TIE

- This fraternity was once top, but this semester was took a complete dive, if anything they have shown JMU greek life the importance of having good housing. Since they have lost all their houses, they are mostly used SIGNU for houses, while SIGNU is using them for people. This fraternity may fall more depending on how they fix their housing situation. This fraternity rep also really isn't that clean. They have had some great events tho. Who really knows the future of this fraternity. Could go either way.

D. Phi Kappa Psi (Phi Psi);(ΦΚΨ) TIE
- This fraternity is a fairly new fraternity on campus, I believe that they were started in 2015. It is actually impressive how they have risen, I decided to put them tied with pike because girls seem to be okay with these guys, and they have good houses and a clean reputation. Future seems good, but who knows again.

Tier 3 Fraternities

ASIG
THETA CHI

Not much to say on the rest, they really are not super relevant, and you should really only consider them if like hanging around them. Either way, as much as I loved my time here, the best advice I can give is to join the fraternity that is going to build you up and give you the best skills for the real world. Find out what you want out of greek life and choose the organization on that. Good Luck and have fun!

Posted By: helper
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: what a guy   

Great advice.

By: what a guy
#2  by: geed   

dsig/ka back at it on greek rank

By: geed
#3  by: Truth   

This is it besides phi psi being so high

By: Truth
by: helperJan 15, 2023 12:53:57 PM

It is fair to put them that high, they are not a name brand fraternity that will get rushes. They have build a very clean reputation, and have been around for less then 10 years on campus. Which is extremely impressive considering most fraternities at this school have been around for 30+ years. I believe the deserve that spot, but at the same time I have to respect pike, they have been top my entire college career, until this semester. I believe that it is a fair placement.

By: helper
#4  by: down   

these are the most up to date good list

By: down
#5  by: slime    

sauce

By: slime
#6  by: Yup   

Bump!

By: Yup
#7  by: Thfh   

This is it

By: Thfh

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.