facebook

if i drop rn can i still rush next fall?

by: question

someone told me that it doesn't look good when a member drops during pledging and rerushes since the other chapters are i'll find out so the odds of me getting a bid from another srat are low. is this true? like i'm not 100% set on my sorority and drop now before initiation will i most likely only get a bid from the same srat (but probs not if i drop huh?) or not get a bid at all? or is it possible to get a bid from another srat still

Posted By: question
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: 12345   

it's not vegas baby, stop trying to play the odds. if you drop, you probably will not end up with a house at all next year

By: 12345
#2  by: ucsb   

for certain the house you are in won't offer you a bid again next year if you drop now. you probably wont get a bid from anyone else either

By: ucsb
#3  by: uh   

it's unlikely, you already went through the recruitment process and houses that didn't invite you back/give you a bid are unlikely to offer you one the next time.

and yes, chapters know when somebody is re-rushing. it's a small community

you haven't had much time in your house- give it a little longer! it's a weird adjustment for everyone now that it's virtual

By: uh
#4  by: No   

You can re rush. You will ALWAYS be offered at least one house at the end. The house you’re in most likely won’t give you a bid unless you make up why you’re leaving and say it’s financial or something and you want to join again next year. If you keep it lowkey and don’t post or tell anyone you’ve rushed before then people won’t find out.

By: No
by: .Oct 17, 2020 12:15:04 AM

there's no guarantee to have a house at the end, going through recruitment doesn't guarantee you a bid unless you make it to pref

By: .
#5  by: Anon   

I dropped before initiation and rushed again and joined a house. You can do it. I also had a lot of other houses that I didn’t have last year that kept me for longer. It doesn’t matter. Rushing as a second year also gives you more time to get to know the school and people in other sororities and other campus orgs

By: Anon

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.