facebook

aphi/phi mu rush

by: hi

hi im a freshmen and im considering rushing a sorority. i hear a lot about aphi and phi mu. i heard their pcs are big but no one really knows each other/they don’t expand out of their original friend group. is this true? what do ppl talk ab during rush? pls lmk bc im still undecided!

Posted By: hi
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: jhu    

the pcs are big and since rush is only a week you can’t know everyone, but usually u can get to know hopefully half of ur pc by the time girls start dropping

By: jhu
#2  by: hop   

tbh as someone who was in a srat and dropped, u basically come in with ur friend group (or those where were given a bid) and only stay friends with them until u drop. the turnover rate at hop srats is pretty high. u dont really get to know other ppl in ur pc or above and its like rly awkward. lots of randos.

By: hop
by: Not every sratJan 29, 2021 9:19:09 PM

Well...if you do not want the experience above, maybe consider Theta or Kappa? Those sororities will give you the Greek experience when it comes to parties/ social media/ superficial things but their members actually like and know each other well. Think over why you are going through rush in the first place. If it’s really just about paying to wear certain letters around campus thats fine and good, but if you’re not seeing value in a phi/ phi mu then theta and kappa might be your place.

By: Not every srat
#3  by: 738493   

you don’t really get to know everyone, i dropped my sorority because i felt like the people in it weren’t acc friends they were just faking it

By: 738493
by: 12345Jan 24, 2021 8:29:49 PM

that’s the exact same reason why i dropped. paying all that money for girls that don’t know eachother to post photos of u saying ur “sisters” felt weird. it’ll prob be even worse this year cuz everything is online

By: 12345
#4  by: hivfjno   

their pcs are huge, theyre also not racially inclusive at all, so if youre into that then go for it, but thought the greek life was cancelled

By: hivfjno
#5  by: Not entirely true   

What a lot of women said above is true but isn’t necessarily true of all srats. I joined one of the two you mentioned in my freshman year, came in with like two friends and immediately had a falling out with one of them. I was SO GLAD to have my sorority because I made friends with a lot of other girls in my PC. Obviously it didn’t happen right away, but through events designed to get to know other members of my pledge class I met a bunch of nice women who I’ve been really close with ever since. It’s definitely going to be harder for you to make friends this year because of the pandemic so having small group social gatherings isn’t really going to be an option. But for me, I didn’t go in to rush with a tight group, made a decent amount of friends, and stayed friends with all of them and no one in my friend group dropped. So it’s like super personal and depends on the PC and the women you meet

By: Not entirely true
#6  by: Me   

I made lots of friends in my srat. Glad to have them!

By: Me

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.