facebook

sororities

by: 2023

Hi, I just committed to this school for co 2023 and I want to go Greek. Whats it like being in a bottom or lower tier sorority? is there a difference? what are the top one's?

Posted By: 2023
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: truth   

if you want to join a panhel sorority the top ones are aphi and phi mu

in all of the sororities, it really depends on what you make of it. If you're involved with it and social and take full advantage of the social opportunities it presents, you'll have a great time. If you don't then you'll probably have your primary social structure outside of the sorority. Some sororities overall have more people involved with the sorority and view it as their primary social group. From what I understand, in a few of the lower tiers, they don't view the sorority as their primary social group, so they get less out of it. That and which specific frats each sorority mixes with is really the main difference.

By: truth
#2  by: Lower tier   

Being in a “lower tier” sorority really doesn’t mean too much at Hopkins because of how small Greek life is. My sorority has mixers with most fraternities and some teams, but you can definitely see the difference of the amount that you have when compared to an upper tier sorority. I am not really that close with the majority of my sorority, but I definitely found my group within it and it is making my time in the sorority so much better. However, I really don’t view my sorority as my primary social group and I my close friends are in upper tier sororities and I usually just go out with them after their mixers are over.
But I would definitely say try rushing and to give a chance to whichever sorority you’re in because it gives you the option to go out and have a night life.

By: Lower tier
#3  by: lower tier   

less mixers but tbh frat life is dead, but at the same time more genuine sisterhood and less drama and cliques

By: lower tier
#4  by: Hmmmm   

There was a similar post a few days ago. This looks like someone trolling to stir up sorority discord. I encourage all sorority members to stay classy and just drop your disagreements. Not a good look.

All sororities are fantastic at JHU. A very good choice if looking for a great support group and fun things to do. The truth is, frat life really is dead, so just look for the sorority where you feel you fit in best.

By: Hmmmm

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.