facebook

gpa

by: Curious

Do some sororities have specific GPA requirements within their chapters?

Posted By: Curious
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: yeah   

yeah so to rush there is a specific GPA requirement and the sororities have their own GPA requirements. Most of the time if you get into a sorority and don't meet their GPA requirement yet, they give you a semester to adjust and bring your GPA up, and will give you resources and encourage studying skills to help you bring your GPA up. If your GPA is really low sororities will be notified about it during rush and it would be a contributing factor to help determine if they think you'd be a good fit for the organization, but most of the time you won't be cut from a sorority just bc of GPA alone.

By: yeah
by: hmmDec 10, 2018 9:03:51 PM

what would be considered really low lol

By: hmm
#2  by: GPA matters   

GPA is a factor. National and JHU OSL track chapter gpa, so everyone needs to contribute to keeping the chapters gpa up. For a chapter that has to make cuts during recruitment, the recruit with a lower gpa will have a harder time. However, this is JHU, so we all know you are smart enough to get in and there is grade deflation here, so give it a shot if your gpa is above the Panhellenic requirement requirement...but be prepared to be dropped.

By: GPA matters
by: froshDec 19, 2018 12:01:25 AM

if i think my GPA will be around a 3.3 after i get all my grades back will that be an issue? i'm majoring in something that is considered difficult

By: frosh
#3  by: @frosh   

omfg you're so fine, don't stress at all. like if you were under a 3 id be like aware of it and like if youre under like 2.7 id be worried but youre def fine

most sororities will want to try to have you bring it up a bit but it definitely will not impact your recruitment

By: @frosh
#4  by: 2.8   

if it makes you feel any better, i had a 2.8 my first semester and i was only dropped by 1 sorority my first night!

By: 2.8
#5  by: Question    

If I am a sophomore with a gpa slightly below 3.0 is it likely that I will be dropped ?

By: Question
by: NoJan 24, 2019 10:29:50 AM

You won’t be dropped for gpa unless you have below a 2.5

By: No

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.