facebook

how to get the bid

by: Homer Simpson

What qualities do you need to have to get a bid from every house, comment what you think for each house the MAIN thing they look for. This isn’t really a serious thing, but I would like to know what everyone thinks the different sorority houses looks for :)

Posted By: Homer Simpson
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: pastrusher   

Highly recommend having recommendation letters for every house!!! Also keep your GPA up and don’t try to impress the girls you talk to in house-be yourself! During the rush process you just gotta be yourself and by the time the week is over you’ll be in love with whatever house you choose... also greekrank is horrible for deciding what house you really want to be in (both frat and sorority), just follow your gut on where you feel most at home!

By: pastrusher
by: TruthApr 7, 2020 8:38:22 AM

100% -- don"to look at GR. For sure don't look at ranking page, comments are generally more realistic in discussion section. However, go with your heart and everything will fall into place.

By: Truth
#2  by: Yes!   

Thank you! I know Greek rank is horrible to look at before hand because most posts are not true, but these are the kind of posts that should be coming on the timeline! Great question!! Get involved within your school, take leadership opportunities and get volunteer! Also, during recruitment be positive, it’s kind of hard to ask a girl back when she seems to have a negative attitude.. Good luck!

By: Yes!
#3  by: Awh   

This is so sweet and cute. I love this post!! Make sure you have a good gpa at least above a 3.25! I agree with all of the posts above make sure you get recs for all of the houses, and do things that show you’re involved with your school/community. Do stuff over the summer too!

By: Awh
#4  by: The bid   

Be yourself. Get great grades. Be a social butterfly. Be involved. LEADERSHIP!!!!

By: The bid
#5  by: answer   

After you work on grades, activities, volunteer jobs, etc., make sure you have recs for every house and as many connections as possible. Then work on your social skills. It's going to be hot, you're going to race from house to house, and line up and be assaulted by a wall of singing girls. One of them will start walking with you and you need to impress her. So have some small talk that you can feel good about. Not every sorority girl that rushes you will be a great conversationalist, so figure out topics you can bring up if your rusher is quiet. You want to be able to fit in to any house.

By: answer
by: ?Dec 17, 2019 11:19:17 PM

Are recs for every house really something they consider? I’ve been hearing that most houses don’t even look at them

By: ?
by: !!Dec 18, 2019 7:48:00 PM

some don’t really care and then others have to have at least one rec to give you a bid!

By: !!
#6  by: Oop   

I know this isn’t ideal, but sometimes if recruitment week doesn’t work out your first year make sure you’re friends with all the girls in your Gamma Chi group including your Gamma Chis, most of those girls will be put in houses and will invite you to philanthropy events and sometimes parties, this is a great way to meet other girls in the houses and make friends with them!! This isn’t saying you wouldn’t get a house but if you didn’t, this is one of the best ways to go about it specifically because it focuses on connections you’ve made throughout the year!! Also, you can see what the houses are like! (Since recruitment week is hard to judge a girl in a few minutes) I know no one really talks about stuff like this on GR but just helping girls out! (:

By: Oop
#7  by: Honest    

If you don’t have good grades, at least a 3.2 then you have no chance at getting a house you REALLY want, it doesn’t matter how cool you seem the first day.

By: Honest
by: futurepnmJun 27, 2020 4:26:35 PM

Hi, I have a 3.1 high school gpa and I have been stressing that I will lower my chances because it didn’t meet the 3.2 requirement. Do you think I will be immediately cut from most houses or do you think they will decide based on other factors?

By: futurepnm
#8  by: Wow   

I have to agree with the post above saying that if you don’t have good grades then you basically shouldn’t even try to go through recruitment. I hate to say it but it really doesn’t matter how awesome your personality is.. most houses here at OSU don’t take anyone who is below a 3.0. I don’t think you’d be wasting your time though, you can get close to the girls in your group and maybe they could pull for you once you get it together and figure out your values. I think knowing girls in the houses really gives you a good shot. Plus you can figure out which houses you like after a year. :) good luck PC 2020 💕

By: Wow
#9  by: 🥰   

I recommend getting recs from active members or alumni! That’s a great way to help with your recruitment. There are a bunch of other factors that go into it like grades, school/community involvement, your personality/values, and the conversations you have with the girls! If you know any active members they could definitely help you out when the voting takes place! I hope your recruitment goes well, please don’t stress about it I promise it’s just a conversation when you get to show us who YOU are

By: 🥰

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.