facebook

what is the problem people have with gamma phi?

by: Mmmm

Everytime someone comments something nice about this house on their page of this site, it gets so many downvotes. Why is that? I can’t think of one reason someone would wanna hate on this house. Is it jealousy or is it cause they are the most similar to OU’s APhi? I don’t see anything wrong with them. I really don’t. They’re clearly a top house with beautiful girls, a good social scene, and strong campus involvement. Maybe if they were rude I would get it but since they’re not, what is the problem?

Posted By: Mmmm
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: .   

No, they’re rude. Don’t have the best personalities. That’s why.

By: .
by: .Dec 8, 2019 1:50:41 PM

^ I’m a guy but go off i guess.

By: .
by: hm...Dec 8, 2019 11:00:41 PM

There are girls with great personalities in every house. No house has a monopoly or a scarcity. And there are rude girls in every house and no house has a monopoly on them either. So what he said was stupid and it's good someone called him on it.

By: hm...
#2  by: Pokes   

Not to hate on ou alpha phi bc I know great girls there, but I’m sure it’s insulting for g phi girls to be compared to alpha phi just bc of the poor reputation they have. it’s not the first time I saw someone compare the two houses on here and say that they were similar lol

By: Pokes
by: yeahDec 10, 2019 12:26:48 AM

The Alpha Phis at OU are notorious. The Gamma Phis here are nothing like them.

By: yeah
by: @yeahDec 10, 2019 2:02:35 AM

I’m sorry but they’re not too far off. I know a lot of g phi girls who are friends with alpha phi and would prob get a bid from a phi if they went to OU and a phi girls are most likely to get a bid from g phi if they went here. the only things that make g phi different from a phi is more campus involvement and better grades

By: @yeah
by: ^^Dec 16, 2019 12:40:07 AM

Lol those are the things that make the difference though. You're looking at their faces like A Phis do. All the other houses, including G Phi, look at pnms hearts (as well as their involvement, academics, connections, personalities, etc.) I'm guessing you're not in a house or you wouldn't have made such a stupid post.

By: ^^
by: AutoFill ContactDec 16, 2019 11:56:30 PM

How do you know A Phis don’t look at a girls’ heart, grades, involvement, etc.? Just cause they have a reputation of being shallow, doesn’t mean it’s 100% true. Maybe A Phi doesn’t heavily prioritize grades and involvement as much as other houses do, but that doesn’t mean those things aren’t important to them too. You probably don’t go to OU either so I’m sure you know as little as I do ;)

By: AutoFill Contact
by: really?Dec 17, 2019 12:56:15 AM

If you don't go to OU you probably shouldn't be talking about what their sororities are like. I did go to OU and the A Phis are notorious. They were even written up in the paper about their national requirements to choose girls for looks rather than anything else and get rid of girls that didn't meet their standards of face and figure.

By: really?
#3  by: AutoFill Contact   

I actually wonder this about Chi O, Pi Phi, & Theta. Why do people hate on them? When they get nice comments people also downvote on them?

By: AutoFill Contact
by: 8Dec 12, 2019 8:31:45 PM

Maybe for the same reasons? Idk

By: 8
by: truthDec 17, 2019 3:14:22 PM

i really only notice hate on pi phi and g phi, generally ppl think chi o and thetas are nice girls.

By: truth
#4  by: kinda true    

They don’t really have great personalities. They’re kinda known to be big party girls and their grades aren’t good

By: kinda true
by: @kindatrueDec 17, 2019 12:59:33 AM

Being honest, their grades are in the middle somewhere and except for Chi O all the houses party. As for their personalities, the ones I know are funny and nice. What do you consider as great personalities?

By: @kindatrue
#5  by: Okay?   

Lol but top houses are never filled with the “nicest” girls though... I mean most sororities are basically like Hell’s Kitchen it’s tough work being in a sorority. ALL of the good houses are going to get hated on and if you look at it...EVERY house here gets hated on for something, am I wrong? whether that may be being a “top” house a “middle” tier house or a “bottom” tier. Being in a sorority is about building long lasting relationships and developing bright young women but instead people bash them if they do one little thing, and I’m talking about ALL of the houses. I don’t have a problem with any of the houses and I have friends in every house, not everyone is going to be amazingly nice. Thanks for coming to my Ted Talk. Xoxo.

By: Okay?
#6  by: IMO    

I don’t even like gphis overall because they’ve usually been super rude to me (with a few exceptions obv) but people saying they aren’t a top house are lying to themselves. They’re really involved and do well at shows and hoco and stuff so??

By: IMO
#7  by: Pistols firing!!!   

I know quite a few girls in this house and some are great and some are ones I don't connect with. Just like EVERY OTHER HOUSE. When houses have as many girls as ours do, you can't judge a whole house by the girls you know. They're not all the same and there are girls you'll love in every house and girls you won't get along with in every house. It's completely bonkers to say that any certain house has a a not so great personality.

By: Pistols firing!!!
by: YessirDec 17, 2019 11:22:13 PM

This is gold! These last 3 posts are excellent.

By: Yessir
#8  by: yeah   

Gphi is not really a top house in most people’s opinions

By: yeah
by: ?Jan 2, 2020 1:12:13 AM

Where do you go to school? They certainly are here. I don't know anyone who goes to OSU that would leave them out of a list of the top houses.

By: ?

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.