facebook

Bucknell getting rid of greek life.

by: Bert

Is it true Bucknell vowed to abolish greek life by 2025? There are currently like 3 real frats which is pathetic. Is this true though?

Posted By: Bert
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: truther   

google “bucknell master plan”. fraternity houses are all gone. the administration has planned this for a long time.

By: truther
#2  by: Enjoy it while you can   

They didn’t technically “vow” to kick them all off but they “assume” all frats will be gone within the next 3-5 years. And the reason why they assume this is bc they keep tightening up restrictions on all frats every year leading to frats getting kicked.

By: Enjoy it while you can
#3  by: Proud GEED   

I for one support this initiative. Let's detoxify this campus.

By: Proud GEED
by: hahaJul 21, 2023 8:35:35 PM

you literally are a geed obsessed with greek life

By: haha
#4  by: ??   

where is the master plan is this?

By: ??
#5  by: Sanity   

Manifesting this into reality.

By: Sanity
#6  by: I wish   

Dare to dream.

By: I wish
#7  by: str8fax   

Bucknell admin and faculty has been pushing to kick greek life for years. Faculty is tired of it and the toxicity of their students going through that environment. Faculty hold collective meetings and forums to create initiatives to rid Greek life yearly (ongoing 10+ years). The university only has so much control- but also employs a heavy staff for FSA (who are salaried and trained to deal with it). Unfortunately some fraternities and sorority have pockets that run deep which is the main reason Greek life has continued and prevents them from getting kicked off. There are more sororities at than frats because girls are punished by canceling their formal events and/or preventing them from taking new pcs- guys are barely tolerated (as their offenses are worse). Unfortunately the university rather keep their endowment large with happy donors. Greek life is slowly bringing in revenue and enrollment up.

By: str8fax
by: wrongJul 21, 2023 8:37:12 PM

Punished by canceling their formal events? All fraternities do not tell the school and nationals and go as a "group of friends". I agree they are more lenient with fraternities (mostly because greek nationals) but girls can easily do formals if they wanted to similar to what fraternities do

By: wrong
#8  by: Please please please   

Dear sweet baby jesus, please make this happen.

By: Please please please
#9  by: Ha   

It won't ever happen. So many less people will come to Bucknell and so much money will be lost. This won't happen.

By: Ha

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.