facebook

who will cut me first?

by: SAT

I have a 3.0 GPA and 1570 SAT score. Who will cut me or will I have a chance at all?

Posted By: SAT
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: Sorry   

but absolutely no one knows the answer to this question. Who's to say that the first sorority to release you did so because of grades. PNMs are released for various reasons. Some sororities are very strict with their grade releases while sororities with top GPAs will pledge girls with a lower GPA because they believe the PNM will contribute to their chapter in other ways. Yes, GPA is highly considered but it's not the only determining factor used by chapters. Leadership, involvement and "in house" connections have a big impact on decisions too.

By: Sorry
#2  by: You need   

to keep your mind open to all houses, because your grades aren't wonderful. There are girls with grades like yours or worse that get bids to every sorority, although certain sororities rarely take girls with under a 3.0. But there are also girls released. Make sure the rest of your resume is as strong as it can be so that girls will want to keep you even though someone else might have stronger grades. For the record, the houses strictest on grades Chi O, DG, and KD, but that does not mean you can't get a bid to one of those houses!

By: You need
by: YesMar 14, 2015 2:21:56 PM

Chi O, KD, and DG are the most strict on PNM grades but I know girls who received bids to all of these houses with a 2.75 - 2.80 high school GPA so grades aren't always the only factor.

By: Yes
#3  by: Grades   

DG Phi Mu Chi O and KD normally don't take very many girls with under a 3.2 but if you connect very well with the girls it is still likely for you to get a bid.

By: Grades
by: No.Mar 31, 2015 11:24:11 AM

Phi Mu has grade cuts but they are not as strict as Chi O, DG, and KD typically are. If you have below a 3.2 and 24 ACT it is next to impossible to get into those 3 unless all your best friends are in the sorority or you're a big time legacy. It isn't easy to get into Phi Mu but they are more lenient if you're pretty and can help them win by being a dancer or cheerleader.

By: No.
by: @NoMar 31, 2015 12:32:20 PM

true. Phi Mu and DG rarely release anyone on Pom on cheer regardless of grades.

By: @No
by: No.Mar 31, 2015 6:04:37 PM

I was not referring to actual members of MSU teams, just girls who were dancers and cheer leaders in general. Almost no one cuts Spirit Squad girls unless they are a big reputation or grade risk. Which is actually how Zeta ended up with so many Spirit Squad girls.

By: No.
by: @NoMar 31, 2015 10:30:47 PM

That is an unfair statement. I know several of the Zetas on spirit groups. of the ones I know 2 were out of state honor's college students, 1 was an out of state honors college legacy and another out of state with no connections on campus. They were released from other groups because they had no connections, not grades or reputations.

By: @No

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.