facebook

recs

by: helpplease

I have decided to attend MSU starting in the fall next year as a freshmen. I already know I will have trouble finding alumnae to write me recs. How important are they for each house coming as an out of state student?

Posted By: helpplease
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: MSU   

Recommendations are VERY important (in-state or out-of-state) and are highly recommended. Most sororities require a recommendation to extend a bid. A few suggestions - ask teachers at your high school, church members, parents' coworkers, neighbors, etc. You might be surprised at who was a sorority member. Most large cities have a Panhellenic association composed of alums from various sororities. They typically host a gathering for local high school seniors where they can request recommendations for college recruitment.

By: MSU
by: MSUJan 20, 2015 7:20:20 PM

Thank you! And I just need one for each sorority right?

by: MSUJan 20, 2015 11:50:37 PM

Yes. Only one recommendation is required but if you find more alums then multiple recs are fine too!

#2  by: dawg   

they are crucial. there's only 8 sororities here, it shouldn't be that hard. start now. check out greekchat.com for tips.

By: dawg
#3  by: @helpplease   

Recs are very important! And send them during summer, don't wait until right before recruitment starts. See if your area has a local NPC-- just type in (your city name) panhellenic. My local Pan has all of the Mississippi sororities represented and my sorority will take all of the PNMs that registered with their site and write recs for them.. or see if any of their alum members know the girls for them to write recs. Hope this helps!

By: @helpplease
#4  by: Msu   

Recs are very important!

By: Msu

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.