facebook

why doesn't dg participate in block voting?

by: junior

Another homecoming... another year where DG refuses to participate in block voting. My question is... WHY? Why are they the only sorority on the row to run their own girls? I'm not trying to throw shade at DG but I am genuinely confused. Why are they the only one who does not comply with the other seven sororities? Is it their advisor.. or what?

Posted By: junior
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: Msu   

Selfish!

By: Msu
#2  by: ....   

You're just trying to start drama. It's not worth it. This isn't a new thing, they've done it for several years now.

By: ....
#3  by: junior   

Not trying to start drama. I just kinda don't get it. Yeah, they've been doing it for years... That's the weird part to me. They have a new exec board every year, so every year they decide to do this again and again. Why??

By: junior
by: ButOct 22, 2014 12:55:38 PM

DG has had the same advisor for 7 years. I have had DG friends who didn't like how they do things and others who are brain washed to believe their chapter does no wrong. Bottom line is that over the past 7 years DG has lost the respect of the MSU Greek community. They are only hurting themselves.

By: But
#4  by: Wow   

DG has to see how wrong they are ! Why oh why would adults choose to be so selfish ? Are they really that competitive ? Losing lots of respect again this year!

By: Wow
#5  by: Tired   

This topic is so over done and it literally won't matter to you after freshman year, especially if you have good friends in the house. We don't agree with the decision, but gossiping about it does no one any good. The girls are still great, and many aren't thrilled with the decision as people have stated. If you have a powerful advisor you know it's not easy to get rid of them or their influence. I'd love to see all of us be mature and not bash them this year.

By: Tired
by: HOct 22, 2014 8:19:13 PM

Uhh please because if it wasn't the other way around their advisor wouldn't be telling their girls to bash other sororities.

By: H
#6  by: Ummmm   

Oh please ! Dg loves having the most representation on court!!

By: Ummmm
by: ESOct 23, 2014 6:39:00 PM

The fact is that no one other than Greeks really care who is on the Court. Has no one else noticed that it's impossible to hear anything the announcer says except the maids' names. You can't even hear their Greek affiliation. Having 4 members on the court sure hasn't helped them during recruitment - look at their last few pledge classes

By: ES
by: I agree...Oct 24, 2014 10:17:31 AM

DG's Homecoming tactics have absolutely hurt them more than helped them.

By: I agree...
#7  by: Here we go again   

Dg thinks this will give them a boost! Very very selfish and non supportive of the greek system! Definitely puts the rankings a little different! Dg..... Poor sports....bottom tier!

By: Here we go again
#8  by: Ahem   

Block vote doesn't work WHEN CHI O'S ARE ACTIVELY TWEETING IN SUPPORT OF THE NON GREEK CANDIDATE RUNNING INSTEAD OF WHO WE ALL AGREED ON.

By: Ahem
by: AhemOct 27, 2014 5:25:29 PM

Members are not forced to vote anyone. Individual members have the right to support whoever they want. I haven't seem the tweets you are referring to but I did see one from a member of a different sorority do the same thing.

By: Ahem
by: Real AhemOct 27, 2014 7:05:31 PM

Then there is no point in block voting if the groups participating aren't even voting for the girls. I want to vote for a girl I know, that I am friends with, not a random chick I've never spoken to. And if I signed up to do that for someone else, then why can't they do the same for the girl we are running?

By: Real Ahem

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.