facebook

old row at georgia southern

by: Officialguy

We don't have an old row at Georgia southern, obviously but here are the first fraternities and sororities on campus---

Sororities:
ΑΔΠ
ΦΜ
ΚΔ
ΖΤΑ
ΑΞΔ(inactive)

Fraternities:
ΚΑ
ΔΤΔ
ΚΣ
ΠΚΦ
ΑΤΩ
ΤΚΕ
ΣΦΕ
ΦΔΘ(in active)
ΣΠ(in active)

(Out of this list, sigma phi epsilon was the first founded on campus in 1967)

These are the first houses on campus, if your going to make an "old row" shirt, make it right.

Posted By: Officialguy
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 2
#1  by: Wow   

So REALLY, ATO, pi kapp, kappa sig, da tee da and Ka are the only "old row" fraternities. They're the only ones who ended up being first on campus and getting houses. I heard phi delt is coming here so they'll be the same.

By: Wow
#2  by: Wow   

So REALLY, ATO, pi kapp, kappa sig, da tee da and Ka are the only "old row" fraternities. They're the only ones who ended up being first on campus and getting houses. I heard phi delt is coming here so they'll be the same.

By: Wow
#3  by: ^   

Gsu used to have wayyy more fraternities and sororities than we have now

By: ^
#4  by: Yo   

Not quite sure why there would be an old row, since there is not a new row.

Pi Kap was the first fraternity house built. Sigma Nu, Kappa Sig, ATO, Sigma Chi, and then KA. (Not in that order).

SAE started later and was pretty quick to build. And DTD is the last to build.

Phi Mu was the first sorority. AD Pi, KD, and the ZTA. AOPi built in the late nineties followed by KKG in the early 2000s.

The original fraternities were,

Pi Kappa Phi, Sigma Chi, Phi Delt, Kappa Sig, Sigma Pi, KA, ATO, Sigma Nu, TKE, Sig Ep. Almost all of them were started about the same time. Some were local fraternities that went national. If your start date is between 1967-1970, then you are an original. Some fraternities charter process is longer, so you can't go by the charter date.

Some have closed and come back. Sig Ep, Phi Delt, and TKE have closed quite a few times.

By: Yo
#5  by: Yo   

Also, we used to have Chi Omega on campus.

By: Yo
#6  by: Hmm   

Da tee Da was one of the first on campus but they got kicked off campus in the 90s. And a xi d , chi o and tri Delt (not sure about tri Delt but I think so) were at southern

By: Hmm
#7  by: Hmm   

I actually heard someone say somethig about a new row being built in the distant future. That'd be dope. We'd need more sororities though

By: Hmm
#8  by: InHoc   

Nothing new will be built. The guy Keith that runs Southern Greek Corp is trying to stop people from building until Sig Ep builds.

By: InHoc
#9  by: JohnWayne   

I heard Southern Housing is going to sell the property to the school.

By: JohnWayne
#10  by: Lolololololol   

I'm a high schooler, my brother told me pike is getting a huge new awesome house next year!!!

By: Lolololololol

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.