facebook

rushing and grades

by: PJstudent

How do fraternities check grades? As a pre-junior with a below 2.5 I am nervous going through rush... when do they check gpa's (before or after giving bids). Also do all of the brothers get to know all of your grades, or only one or two? I will have above a 2.5 at the end of this term though. Just looking for advice and answers to these questions.

Posted By: PJstudent
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: FAQ   

The answer is yes we can check your grades before we bid. But only the president and or the rush chair will really know.

By: FAQ
#2  by: PR_chair   

Yes, they will check grades (technically we have to) before giving bids. Each chapter's standard varies from a 2.25 to a 3.0, but the chapters with the lower standard aren't the ones you should want to be joining.

None of the brothers will know your specific GPA, but it always came up in bid discussions who did and didn't meet our GPA standard. No GPA, no bid.

By: PR_chair
#3  by: hmm.   

better to try and met some guys and earn a bid even if you cant accept it bc of grades

By: hmm.
#4  by: Honest Answer   

Most fraternities and sororities look for you to have your grades up. A few people do not really care what you have, as long as you are below a 2.0 (you need that to graduate) Others are more strict on it. I know a few that want you to have a 3.0 or higher, but most will work with you if you fit in to the group well. I would just go out and be yourself, and focus on grades not just so you can join a frat, but so you can better yourself and set up chances in your future. Remember you are a college student first and foremost. Graduate!

By: Honest Answer

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.