facebook

tri delt

by: curious incoming freshman

How hard is it to get a bid from tri delt? Also do they cut a lot of girls because of grades or not care about that too much?

Posted By: curious incoming freshman
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: No   

This house is largely overrated. While I agree they're probably top, it's not by much. Don't just look for a bid from them so you can feel good about being top because it's very easy to feel alone in tri delt I've heard. Girls get into high school like cliques and anyone else falls into a crack. Pick the house you'll be happy in, not the house you'll have good status in.

By: No
#2  by: z   

It's pretty hard i know they make a lot of cuts compared to other houses. Them, chi o, kappa, pi phi, and theta probably make the hardest cuts. They also place in grades a lot so I would assume they have a higher grade cut than most

By: z
#3  by: ithink   

It's very difficult to get a bid from any of the top houses, but of the five that are generally agreed upon as top tier, Delta is probably the most one-dimensional. They take a lot of cliquey St. Louis girls and the sisterhood just isn't that strong. While other houses pride themselves on being diverse, especially ChiO, PiPhi and ADPi, Delta seems content to have pretty much one type of girl.

By: ithink
by: wowOct 25, 2014 9:28:20 AM

Really? high school clicks? Grow up, expand your brain and get out of high school now, your 18 and there is a whole world out there! sounds immature, who would even want to be a part of that? just sayin

By: wow
#4  by: Guest   

Tri Delt is definietly a top house and grades is the first cut that is made. Those who say that they cut just off looks are wrong.

By: Guest
by: Really?Nov 7, 2014 8:28:21 PM

I had a 3.9 and a 30 on the ACT plus two rec letters and was cut the first day. I couldn't have a decent conversation with any of the girls I met either.
P.S. I am a brunette and pledged another top house.

By: Really?
#5  by: Truth   

It's not that hard. Not as hard as getting a bid to ADPi, for example.

By: Truth
by: lolOct 24, 2014 5:45:56 PM

HHAHAHHAHAAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA thats the funniest lie ive ever heard

By: lol
#6  by: Curious    

Does tri delt have many kansas girls?

By: Curious
by: STL girlNov 4, 2014 1:16:18 AM

I'm in the 2014 PC and we have a bunch of KC girls!

By: STL girl
#7  by: Delta   

I have no clue how Delta makes cuts. I consider myself a very average looking girl compared to the girls in Delta, my grades are were good and my accolades were alright, and I was back at Delta until Pref day. It was so bizarre, I didn't know what they saw in me. I ended up going with my legacy house but I didn't think I was "Delta Material" but they liked me, so who knows.

By: Delta
#8  by: Delta   

With 2,000 girls going through recruitment this past year, all of the houses are forced to make a lot of cuts. I wouldn't say it's hard to get in as long as you have good conversation and feel like a good fit, just like every other house. yOu'll end up loving any house you end up in as long as you give it a chance! This past recruitment, Tridelta cut down to 900 girls after just the first round which consisted of grade cuts. They cut at a 3.3 GPA. Hope this helps!

By: Delta
by: Not hardNov 5, 2014 9:27:39 AM

I had a 3.4 and 22 ACT and I went back to TriDelt until Pref Day. I put them 2nd but was fortunate enough to get my first choice. Bottom line - it's like everything in life - not what you know, but WHO YOU KNOW. I had a lot of people pulling for me in the houses that make big cuts (TriDelt, Pi Phi, GPhi, ADPI, ChiO, Theta, etc.) My grades were extremely average, but it didn't matter. I ended up going to TriDelt, GPhi & PiPhi on pref day and could have been very content in anyone of those houses.

By: Not hard
by: Top That, kind of . . .Nov 5, 2014 2:14:18 PM

Not that I'm proud of it, but I went through Recruitment with a 3.2 and 21 ACT and I got asked back to TriDelt, Chi O, ADPi, Theta, DG, GPhi, PiPhi, Kappa, etc., etc. BUT, I was well-connected. That's what really matters. Don't let these "holier than thou" houses like Theta, ChiO & ADPi fool you. If you know that right people, you'll be asked back. BTW- I pledged one of the aforementioned houses with my weak GPA & lame ACT score. I now have a 3.5 in college. The ACT scores are BS in my opinion.

By: Top That, kind of . . .
#9  by: uh   

all the houses make cuts. contrary to popular belief the lower tier houses don't just take everybody.

By: uh

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.