facebook

are grades that important?

by: Chief keef

I got into the business school last week and I will be an incoming freshman next year. I was wondering if grades play a large role into getting bids, because I have 3.3 weighted GPA and a 24 on my ACT. I also had a really difficult course load if that helps anything.

Posted By: Chief keef
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 2
#1  by: ha   

Sorry but you may as well forget it. With the numbers of recruits going through rush you better be a legacy or know someone. 2014 formal rush 1 out of 3 are not in a sorority, and many of them had much higher scores than yours. Many houses could fill their pledge class with just legacies alone if they wanted.

By: ha
#2  by: mizzou   

Yea I have to agree with the other comment, it sucks how it works because they don't look at your course load or your schools grading scale but if you don't have at least a 3.5 don't be too disappointed when you get cut from most right away

By: mizzou
#3  by: If   

If you're good looking, you'll get called back to several houses with even lower GPA.

By: If
#4  by: Truth hurts   

You'll get cut across the top tier but if tiers and status aren't the most important thing to you, you'll get asked back to a few middle tier houses and make grade cuts for all the bottom tier.

By: Truth hurts
by: YesOct 7, 2014 8:32:26 PM

Exactly!

By: Yes
#5  by: lol   

People are ridiculous on here. I came in with a 3.4 GPA and a 28 act. I didn't get cut of one house that I know of (got my prefs back every round). It's so much more than your GPA, its your personality and how well you connect with the girl you are talking to. Unless you have below a 3.2 I doubt you'd get completely cut from ANY house for solely grades alone.

By: lol
by: lolOct 7, 2014 8:34:15 PM

And i got into a so called "top tier" house and had another two "top tier" houses on pref day.

by: haOct 7, 2014 8:34:57 PM

^^^^And how many people do you know at Mizzou?

By: ha
by: lolOct 8, 2014 2:46:08 PM

to "ha" I'm from out of state, so i knew one person who was a senior.. and i didn't even choose to go to that house on pref. To the poster... Don't let the people on this website scare you, half of them on here are so bitter because they got cut from so many houses during recruitment & spend their time tearing people down. Be yourself, and try your best at every single house! That's what i did and i love the house i am in (:

#6  by: Cheer keef   

Am I a legacy if my grandparents or uncles were in fraternities, because everyone in my family has been involved in greek life other than my dad who played golf for Oregon.

By: Cheer keef
by: Bang BangOct 7, 2014 11:05:24 PM

Hahahaha you'll be fine. Fraternity rush is much more centered around being a cool guy we'd want to hang out with than looking perfect on paper. Its true we don't want people with bad gpas and test scores but trust me yours are fine. Fraternity rush is much less superficial than sorority recruitment

By: Bang Bang
#7  by: Advice   

Take the ACT as many times as you can and get that score near the 30's if you can. A higher ACT will take away from the fact that your GPA isn't a 3.8

By: Advice
#8  by: Oh yeah   

Dear yep,
Oh yeah, kappa too does that

By: Oh yeah
#9  by: Uh uh   

That Chi O probably lied because you can't even go through recruitment with that low of a GPA unless you had an outstanding ACT!

By: Uh uh
by: Oh Oct 11, 2014 10:02:30 PM

Yes you can!

By: Oh
#10  by: Weong   

All of these posters are wrong. I had similar credentials but a slightly higher act and I got asked back to all top tier houses through pref day. It isn't all about grades, but grades are important. If you have a well rounded resume and can carry a good conversation that shows your personify you have just as good of a chance as anyone else.

By: Weong
by: yes!!!Oct 22, 2014 2:06:08 PM

Your personify is REALLY important.

By: yes!!!

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.