facebook

richest girls?

by: Jackie O

Which sororities factor in wealth and zip code during recruitment? I've heard DG flat out asks what your parents do for a living, but do any of the other houses?

Posted By: Jackie O
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: Guest   

DG will flat out ask you.

Pi Phi likes getting the out of state girls so they'll pay attention to where you're from.

Kappa and Pi Phi notice money and will discern how much you have by looking at the kind of shoes you wear, your purse, your watch, etc. But DG is the only house that will flat out ask you.

The other houses don't do it for prestige, they like to know if you can afford their dues. You don't find out pricing for each house until house tours which is the last round cuts before pref day. No house wants to invest in a PNM only to have the girl drop when she discovers she can't afford the dues.

By: Guest
#2  by: Actually   

Tri delt is one of the cheapest to live in

By: Actually
#3  by: Really?   

DGs must not know how to read because rec forms ask what a PNM's parents do for a living.

By: Really?
#4  by: none   

no sorority cares about money (you have to be able to pay the dues though). they can get in A LOT of trouble for asking.
and the DG thing is a rumor for sure. my friend is in DG and shes paying for college with loans!

By: none
by: Shut upApr 18, 2014 8:06:37 PM

Shut up DG. We all know you ask girls how much their parents make. And if you don't ask that you ask what they do for a living. When I rushed, the conversation went dead until I answered the girl at DG who asked how much they made. We sat in silence for five whole minutes with her just staring blankly at me before I finally answered.

By: Shut up
by: noneApr 18, 2014 9:00:01 PM

im not a DG.... i dropped them first day because of all the other rumors. i highly doubt she just stared at you for 5 minutes. the first thing you learn during recruitment workshop is to keep the conversation going. and anyone walking around would have come up to you if yall were just staring at each other.

By: none
#5  by: Chi O   

DG asked me, along with many of my friends who went through Rush, what our parents made. Not impressed. It's not a myth.

By: Chi O
by: okApr 19, 2014 12:05:38 AM

that doesnt mean thats what makes or break their decision about you idiot.... they just wanna know if you can pay dues and if you dont make much then you might need assistance. get a clue. nobody actually cares what your parents do. If youre fun and can keep a decent gpa, bid. if not, no bid. if you go into their house thinking they only want your money, definitely no bid. get over yourselves.

By: ok
#6  by: LOL NO   

DG also got kicked out of GW last year before I rushed for shotgunning beers outside the Rec and they're the only known hazing house. Pair that with the uppity attitude and classless questioning about money and you've got one terrible house.

There are plenty of reasons I dropped DG aside from the questions about money. But if we're being honest, the first rule of being from a family that has money is that you don't talk about money. It's just understood that you have it and it isn't brought up. Bringing up money is tacky.

By: LOL NO
by: yeaApr 20, 2014 1:45:09 AM

thank you, my friend, for restating yet again for the 1293480 time on greek rank all the reasons that DG is so terrible. You state this information as if nobody already knows. WE KNOW. I went through rush and was never once asked what my parents make in that house and kept them till pref day. im also not from st louis and my parents make less than 50,000 dollars a year combined. THEY DONT ACTUALLY CARE WHAT YOUR PARENTS DO MY GOOD PEOPLE. THEY REALLY DONT. its not like their council sits there during work week and says "Now ladies, lets find one more way to get us in trouble with PHA and everyone ask how much these ladies parents make." LIKE NO. If someone is asking you that question, they werent supposed to. so quit acting like its protocol to ask. they may not be the best house, but chill with the parent stuff and the redundant restating of the hazing and drinking incident. we get it. Enough.

By: yea
by: BwahahaApr 20, 2014 11:27:23 AM

It keeps getting restated because DG keeps lying about it and some of us want these incoming PNM's to know what they're getting themselves into before they join. It's Greekrank before Rush, have you not been here before because it gets much worse.

By: Bwahaha
#7  by: How about this   

Can we all just assume that if someone goes through rush they are able to pay dues? This is a decision between parents and kids and there is no reason in the world why a sorority has to ask how much parents earn. When I went through rush DG didn't ask me this question, but they did ask my roommate. No one else has mentioned it on this site, but Theta meandered around the question and while they didn't ask me directly, it was obvious they were fishing to find out what my dad did for a living. Interestingly, they didn't ask about what my mom does, and she earns more than my dad. Oh well. I cut both houses. LOL

By: How about this
#8  by: Guest   

I also kept dg til pref day and I also wasn't asked what my parents do.. Every sorority can do their research on you so obviously if they WANT you they can find our for themselves. In the end dg wasn't for me but it's a shame that everyone's spreading this in response to a post written by a pnm

By: Guest

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.