facebook

recruitment 2015

by: curious

Any predictions on how each house is going to do during this year's fall recruitment? Does anyone think there will be any changes in the rankings?

Posted By: curious
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 2
#1  by: ranks   

I feel that xo and kd might do a little worse due to probation, and zeta due to no house. although chi o will probably still do well just since it is a sought after house by a lot of girls. adpi seems to be on the rise, same with dg.

By: ranks
by: STOPAug 2, 2015 1:15:57 PM

All these answers are from girls in sororities who want to say their sorority is going to do well and their competition is going to do poorly. PNMs Please don't listen to this and let it influence you.

By: STOP
by: ranksAug 2, 2015 2:07:53 PM

I'm sorry -- but how was I trying to build my own sorority up and tear another one down? I do not want to tear anyone else down. I answered the question truthfully with my opinion. If xo and kd are on probation this fall, then I feel like it will hurt them a little bit. Zeta will have no house, and I feel like it will hurt them a little bit. They are all still absolutely fabulous houses but those are going to be negatives for girls in recruitment this year. Regardless of that, though, there are many many other positives about those houses. They will still get pledge classes full of outstanding girls, but I'm sure there will be a very small handful of top pnms who might go somewhere else who would've gone xo kd or zeta if they hadn't been on probation or if they had had a house this year.

Adpi and dg are both doing very well, and they do seem to be on the rise. Tons of other houses are doing well too, I just particularly see these 2 doing really well this year.

By: ranks
by: Curious pnmAug 2, 2015 3:00:29 PM

I am an out of stat pnm and expected to click with dg and gamma phi but I just did not. I think theta, dz and pi phi are going to be good from new row. I did not see many old rows except tridelt, alpha gam and phi mu. I think some had their party on Friday night and I did not go or was not invited. Tridelt and alpha gam were liked a lot by the other pnms I talked to. Pm sort of turned people off.

By: Curious pnm
by: wwwhatAug 2, 2015 8:22:22 PM

post #1 had 22 likes and 4 dislikes a few hours ago and now it has 23 likes and 56 dislikes... someone is taking way too much time out of their day to do that

By: wwwhat
#2  by: hmm   

zeta could rise or fall. no house will hurt them but i feel like they're in a really strong transitional period and have become really popular as of recent, which is why i think they're biting the bullet without a house this year while they're hot.

with a new house coming kkg will really rival ddd and maybe take more of the studious girls of wealthy bham areas which could make them rise. kd will continue to fall with probation and the wealthy areas in al will decide between ddd/kkg.

agd had a good year last year, they could rise with a better rep. xo may not do as good. i don't see phi mu doing as good bc they're really rivaling zta now and with their overall grades going down i feel like girls may go with axo/ddd over them.

i see gphi rising too with their new home. kind of makes them more desirable than theta. they're going through a pretty cool transitional period too.

By: hmm
by: activeJul 5, 2015 9:09:58 PM

bump

By: active
#3  by: .   

I see xo holding their position but maybe taking more in-state and legacies than in past to keep it safe.
I see AXO continuing good run with DDD continuing momentum up.
KD will be fine with the house and their pipelines. Same for kappa.
Feel pm is losing status and will continue the slide a bit.
ADG is getting complacent and will be fine but just fine.
ADPi is making a strong run and has great pc14 on point for this fall.
Pi phi also has fun pc14 ready to be a factor.
Zeta has some sort of strong vibe going and even with the house issue they will get a strong fun class.
AOPi is turning into the sweet religious girls of new row and that is a good niche.
Theta seems to be making a run.
Dz seems to be sliding.
GPhiB is wild card.
DG is going to flatten out. Pc14 sort of off.
A phi will pick up some steam and take some girls from zeta and phi Mu and maybe steal some OOS from kappa and KD.

By: .
by: ???Jul 5, 2015 9:45:03 PM

Why is Zeta hot right now and why is phi mu losing status?

By: ???
by: .Jul 5, 2015 10:25:10 PM

I think it is zeta's vibe/personality and the lack thereof from pm. Pm seems like they can generate no buzz, come off as full of themselves, had bad day at spring tea, grades slipping out of the AXO xo range for the academic top pnms and they lack humility. Not attractive. They can recover but may not see it in themselves to fix it.

By: .
by: ,Jul 6, 2015 1:46:27 PM

I don't see zeta getting a good class this year without there house.
i dont think om and dz are sliding either

By: ,
by: Someone has to say it Jul 26, 2015 1:58:55 PM

Zeta is being very mysterious during this time period. It's like they casted a spell on their PC 14 and it's making them desirable. Freaking me out

By: Someone has to say it
#4  by: MINE   

I see every sorority perceived as exactly the same as it has ever been, with the newest groups continuing to get kicked around.
No matter how horrid their actives act or what terrible things their members do, the "big 7" (AXO, XO, DDD, AGD, KD, KKG and PM) will continue the be the "big 7" and the rest will continue to be "the rest."

Remember, TRADITION means EVERYTHING here at Bama. No matter how wrong it is.

By: MINE
by: Wake upJul 6, 2015 7:20:59 AM

Tradition is not equal to best. Period.

By: Wake up
by: MINEJul 25, 2015 11:23:05 AM

It is at Bama.

by: Big 7??Aug 1, 2015 10:33:10 PM

Did you make that up? I'm a member of one of your "big 7" houses and that is the silliest name I've ever heard. That's definitely not a thing here...

By: Big 7??
by: Lord&MasterAug 3, 2015 10:20:57 PM

It's true.

By: Lord&Master
#5  by: HAHA   

To "MINE": You can keep telling yourself that, but with the quality of the out-of-staters coming in, I think the "Tides" are changing. Tradition is huge, but that's starting to fade. The quality of New Row has changed drastically in the past 3 years, you can't deny that.

By: HAHA
by: FunnyJul 6, 2015 4:43:24 AM

Tradition means everything to who? The entrenched? There is a change happening big time with the flood of OOS. Just sayin.

By: Funny
by: MINE TOOJul 25, 2015 11:25:51 AM

Go ahead, tell yourself that.
But when the flood of OOSers recedes, the big 7 will still be there - effed up, yes, but still there, ruling the row.
Along with giant sorority houses and massive mortgages, which will drive some of "the rest" into withdrawing from campus.
It's happened before.
It'll happen again.

By: MINE TOO
by: ^Aug 2, 2015 2:47:48 PM

Give it up and get over the fact that the oos population at the university is now larger than in state. This will not change. Alabama girls no longer have their cliquish houses to fall back on. Out of state admissions will never fall off. It's the dawn of a new era at Bama. Those new row sororities, the ones you've kicked around for years, are rising up and will crush your inbred houses. They are pulling all the top quality oos students because those sororities are powerhouses everywhere but the south and those students realize it. So keep on looking at your sorority as the epitome of your life, together with the same girls you've been with since high school. Those new row houses are moving forward while you stagnate.

By: ^
by: MINEAug 3, 2015 10:25:30 PM

I have no problem OOS students. I welcome them. They've done wonders.
But eventually the generous scholarships will become not quite so generous, and then even stingier. At a certain point, the OOS students will find the free money gone, or not worth the plane fares, and time and expense to drive a long way.
Change - it will happen.

#6  by: The truth-- sorry new row   

You know every house is judged on which best instate girls they pull. The houses that get the girls from bham, Montgomery, mobile, and Huntsville will always be the top ones and you will never see a top girl from one of those towns go say zeta or Pi phi over AXO, AGD, DDD, etc. the legacy 6 (axo, agd, xo, Ddd, KKG, and KD) will always be the top houses. Phi mu has fallen because they have moved into competition with zeta and APHI for pretty girls with worse grades, which in the eyes of people in alabama, doesn't make a top house.

By: The truth-- sorry new row
by: wowJul 6, 2015 11:30:07 AM

I have to admire your rock solid will to force these tiers down our collective throats.

By: wow
by: The truth --sorry old rowJul 6, 2015 7:37:27 PM

Actually you guys may judge each other on which of the "best" instate girls you pull, but since the Greek system mirrors the UA population as a whole, most of the Greek population - other than old row and their hordes of busy body alums -- really doesn't prioritize acquiring instate girls over out of state girls. For every impressive girl from Bham, Montgomery, Mobile or Huntsville going through recruitment there is an equally impressive (and probably more cosmopolitan) girl from Dallas, Chicago, or LA going through rush these days. And the bottom line is that these out of state girls don't really care all that much where the "best" girls from Bham go.

By: The truth --sorry old row
by: KJul 6, 2015 9:31:10 PM

All of you new row peeps are acting like old row doesn't get incredible out of state girls. You act like that in a pledge class of 120 people we ONLY have girls from in state. You are SO WRONG. Over half of my pledge class is out of state and they are all incredibly smart, outgoing, and involved. So cool it saying old row doesn't get oos.

By: K
by: G...Jul 6, 2015 9:32:03 PM

As an old row house member, have to agree in part. I don't care where a girl comes from, as long as she is great and can contribute positively to the house as a whole; be that from small town Alabama, or from NYC or LA.

By: G...
by: MINE TOOJul 25, 2015 11:33:05 AM

Not so much Huntsville because most of those girls moved to Huntsville from OOS.

#7  by: wow   

but is sort of sad that it so important to you.

By: wow
by: BardetJul 25, 2015 7:43:09 AM

By: Bardet
by: MINE TOOJul 25, 2015 11:31:12 AM

It's not important to me.
Ask ANY sorority's international officers - it's always best to pledge a majority of instate girls.
OOS girls marry their boyfriends from home or get jobs somewhere else. Instate girls are more likely to marry their boyfriends at home or get jobs not too far from parents. They're the ones who stay and serve later as alumnae officers, house corporation board members, chapter advisers.
EVERY sorority at ANY school would like to have instate girls.

#8  by: really?   

The top 7 are still great sororities. Let's just stop the bashing and then all of our greek houses wins!!!

By: really?
by: afterallJul 6, 2015 12:05:19 PM

They are the top 7, right?

By: afterall
#9  by: here ya go   

Honestly I would say there are a top 6 with it being:
Axo, agd, xo, ddd, kd, kkg (no order)
then: phi mu, zeta, pi phi (no order)
then: aphi, adpi (no order)

These houses are the particularly strong ones. In regards to the bottom houses I'd say youre looking at:
AOII,DZ (these two houses have been able to pull a couple great bham girls in the past few years which separates them from the bottom 3)
Theta, DG, GPhi (I don't think Gphi is worse than the others anymore and with their new house I bet girls will pick them over theta.)

By: here ya go
by: ...Jul 6, 2015 5:54:18 PM

Bump

By: ...
by: yesJul 6, 2015 6:41:03 PM

you speak the truth

By: yes
by: OKJul 25, 2015 11:32:06 AM

That's laughable.

By: OK
by: APhiAug 2, 2015 1:17:08 PM

You poor sad little A Phis. You are not above ADP or even Theta or G Phi.

By: APhi
#10  by: Yuy   

Bump

By: Yuy

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.