facebook

ddd legacy question

by: PNM

How does Tri Delt generally treat non-chapter legacies? Do they care if you are a legacy from a strong chapter at another SEC school? I really feel like I would fit in with DDD and I would love to be sisters with my mom, but I'm keeping an open mind and not having my heart set on a few houses. But I was just curious to see if it would actually help me any with DDD to be a non-chapter legacy. And I also understand that there are SO many legacies that go through that it would be impossible to give them all a bid and that my personality would have to fit perfectly in their house. Thanks for y'alls help!

Posted By: PNM
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: O.o   

anyone? its a fair question. I am not a DDD (just a double D) but if I had to guess, it gets you through ice water teas only. If you get to skit, you will get through to pref and get a bid. tough cut is after second round. No gimmies. Doubt matters whether the legacy is in the chapter at Bama. But this is just an educated guess. A guess though.

By: O.o
#2  by: a helping hand    

I have a few friends who are tri delts and they seem to treat non chapter legacies pretty well. In any house with this situation, it doesn't garuntee you a bid but it definitely is a little helpful. But keep in mind that you shouldn't focus on just going through recruitment with your eyes on just one sorority. Go in with an open mind, see how you like the girls in each house, and you will end up where you feel at home

By: a helping hand
#3  by: do your homework    

1. Can your mom find an alumna friend who is from the Bama chapter to write you a Rec or letter of support? Or maybe your mom can email her plege sisters to see if any of them have a daughter/niece/good family friend who is currently in the chapter here who could look out for you during Rush? You're going to need a personal connection to help pull you in and stand out in a sea of a gazillion legacies.

2. Have your mom find out Tri Delt's legacy policy? How many rounds are you legacies invited to as a courtesy? What day do they cut legacies? If you are invited to Pref, are you guaranteed a bid? My house has very strict legacy procedures so knowing where you stand with the chapter would help you manage your own Rush better.

3. Be strategic. This is advice I give all PNM's. Be really honest with yourself: what tier pnm are you? Usually, whatever "tier" of popularity you were in high school is the tier of sorority you'll end up pledging in college. You may move up / down 1 tier, but not more than that. As you fill out your ranking card every day, if you're middle or lower tier material, it's ok to keep ranking Tri Delt a1, but make sure you're keeping your options open in your probable tier. Girls who are savvy enough to do this make it to Bid Day 99.9% of the time. It will feel weird to drop some houses a thousand girls are clammoring to be in, but those houses will each cut almost 2,000 girls during Rush week. Be realistic with your chance to be one of the 100 they don't cut.

By: do your homework

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.