facebook

first circle

by: alum

I have not been keeping up, so question for the group -- other than Mobile private schools and Mountain Brook, what areas have particularly heavy First Circle legacy representation in the last several sets of PCs?

Posted By: alum
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: Kk    

I wouldn't say first circle. I would say "Old Row." Kd ddd and agd are not better than any other old row sororities just because they are apart of the "first circle."
Vestavia, briarwood, Northridge, Huntsville High, Randolph, Donoho, John Carroll are all big ones.

By: Kk
by: Kk Jul 2, 2015 11:59:08 AM

Forgot to mention these:
Montgomery academy, saint james, trinity, Decatur, Tuscaloosa academy

By: Kk
by: alumJul 2, 2015 12:07:41 PM

Thanks @kk. I have been asked to prepare some recs for the first time in a few years and some of the pnms are not legacies. I am glad to help because I know the parents, but I have become curious on whether they have a realistic chance (from in-state). Some are from schools you mention.

By: alum
#2  by: Difficult    

It is very difficult for in-state pnms for old row unless they have actives pushing for them in-house. This is true for even chapter legacies, more so for legacies, and even more so for non-legacies. You may want to encourage your friends to remind their daughter to keep a totally open mind and if she has friends in houses, to reach out to them-- but only after Recruitment begins (hopefully some networking happened before the no-contact period began). Do you know if your pnms were invited to spring tea at your chapter? Was it the Bama chapter?

By: Difficult
by: alumJul 2, 2015 7:05:10 PM

Thank you @Difficult. I was at the Bama chapter. I do not know if the pnms I have written for were invited to a spring tea or not. I would expect so. You make a good point to about open mind and networking. I think I am going to bow out and not get too involved, but I am rooting for my girls and hope they are happy with the results. My house may be difficult for many, it appears. Oh, well. All you can do is your best, is what my daddy used to say.

By: alum
#3  by: yall   

Yall are reminding me of my grammy. so sweet. :)

By: yall
#4  by: O.o   

informative

By: O.o

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.