facebook

rush

by: sophomore pnm

I'm re rushing in the fall, after dropping a bid on bid day. My grades are fine, deans list one semester. I have 2 recs for almost every house, but i was wondering how much my chances will be shot due to dropping a bid last year.

Posted By: sophomore pnm
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: Your chance   

Not good. Unless you have made really good friends in one group. But even then...

By: Your chance
#2  by: honestly   

looks pretty bad on your part but it depends on the circumstances. better hope you have good enough connections in the houses.

By: honestly
#3  by: just curious   

Do you wish now you were in the group you dropped?

By: just curious
by: Not OPJun 30, 2015 4:51:22 PM

But I'm in the same situation and I loved the group I dropped, reason was unrelated to the sorority itself

By: Not OP
by: Long shortJun 30, 2015 11:32:24 PM

In THAT situtation, as long as you burned no bridges and the sorority knews the reason you had to resign, you should be good. You may even get a bid back to your old sorority.

By: Long short
#4  by: ^^^   

Perhaps you have a chance. Don't be picky. All Panhellenic houses are great.

By: ^^^
#5  by: Well   

I know a girl who re-rushed after going through pledge ship at anothe house, and ended up loving the sorority she got a bid to sophomore year. You're fine

By: Well
by: Fixed your post.Jun 30, 2015 8:38:27 PM

Quote: I know a girl who re-rushed after going through pledge ship at another house, and ended up loving the sorority she got a bid to sophomore year. SHE'S fine.

All situations are different, and we (on this board) certainly don't know the circumstances of your past recruitment, nor what may be remembered of you from last year. It worked out for the above poster's friend but that does not mean that it will/won't work out for you. Keep an open mind, be gracious in all houses, and be honored to receive any and all invitations and potential bid.

By: Fixed your post.
#6  by: Yes.....   

You'll get a bid. I've seen it happen a few times. Check the yearly bid lists and my point is proved. No worries!

By: Yes.....
#7  by: yes   

But only if you're open to any house. You may not get a bid to the one you dropped. In fact you probably won't. But one of the houses that isn't as selective may give you a chance. If you want to be greek, take the opportunity and be happy to have it.

By: yes
#8  by: not likely   

the fact that you went all the way through rush, got a bid, and didn't accept looks really really bad, regardless of why you didn't take it. to the sororities it looks like you are ungrateful and they won't like you

By: not likely
#9  by: be happy   

Be happy with which ever house you get. Only you can decide if you're happy or bitter and jealous. Chose wisely.

By: be happy

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.