facebook

best of the best

by: ----

Everyone knows the best sororities to be in at alabama are AXO, AGD, and DDD. These houses have the most involvement, girls in leadership, best grades, and best rep.

Posted By: ----
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 2
#1  by: Um   

Don't get me wrong, AGD is a great house, but no one would say it's top three

By: Um
#2  by: idk   

I think the only house everyone can unanimously agree is the best is AXO. Other than that, everyone's top 3 are slightly different.

By: idk
#3  by: Pnm   

Why does all this have to seem like a competition?

By: Pnm
by: ZzzzzMay 20, 2015 6:56:25 AM

Agree! Why does it matter!!!!!!!!!

By: Zzzzz
#4  by: eh   

This is literally just all about preference and opinion. Where I am from in Alabama everyone wants to be DDD, Kappa, and KD.

By: eh
by: TbhMay 21, 2015 11:57:11 PM

To be honest, where I am from everyone talks about chi o, pm, agd and dz, with some axo. I love my high school friends but I know them and we will stay friends. Makes me want to seriously consider other houses though like one with a lot more oos feel actually.

By: Tbh
by: ok... butMay 25, 2015 6:02:43 PM

Most of the girls who rush are out of state & not from Alabama... it's honestly where you feel the MOST comfortable. If most of the girls from your high school went those three houses, then other girls from the high school rushing are obviously going to feel more comfortable there because there are girls in the house that they are familiar with

By: ok... but
#5  by: Hyperbole   

So I guess if everybody doesn't get either AXO, AGD, or DDD (or KD, XO, KKG), we should all just bark at the moon and die?

By: Hyperbole
#6  by: Naw   

Actually, if you can't get in what is considered "top", you shouldn't pledge at all. That will leave lots of empty houses, the Greek system will fail, and the top houses will have to rank someone at the bottom. Then only the very elite will be Greek, and even some of the elite will be at the bottom. Isn't that what you are trying to accomplish here? Hahahahaha..... Get over yourself.

By: Naw
#7  by: Can't    

I can't believe there the OP actually says the "everyone" thinks or believes something like this. Who cares what everyone thinks. Such a follow the crowd mentality. So what guy should I want to date? What color is the best? its stupid like that. Everyone knows blue is better than green! Right?

By: Can't
#8  by: Depends   

If you're from most of Birmingham the top houses are AXO, AGD, and XO
if you're from mountajn brook, mobile, or Montgomery the best houses are KD, DDD, and KKG
so I would say these houses are best 6.

By: Depends
by: AndMay 25, 2015 12:51:42 PM

If you are from out of state you should give some serious thought to whether you really want to join one of the six house where almost everyone went to high school together and most of the members plan to stay in Alabama after graduation.

By: And
#9  by: Agree   

Maybe that six should be called the legacy six so that people don't think they are better, just different and very homegrown.

By: Agree
by: ActuallyMay 25, 2015 7:11:20 PM

An even better name would be the "homegrown six" - but add Phi Mu and make it the "homegrown seven"

By: Actually
by: FunnyMay 25, 2015 10:20:01 PM

the homegrown tag on fleek

By: Funny
#10  by: More accurate   

Best Legacy houses: AXO, ADG, XO, DDD, KD, KKG
Best houses for out of state: Phi Mu, Pi Phi, Zeta, APhi

By: More accurate
by: SosMay 25, 2015 3:20:32 PM

Liking this. To complete that thought, and make an " Oos six", I would say add ADPi. They are real popular with Oos. if the Oos pnm is more academic and sisterly (and many of those new honors students being recruited are...), than party focused, she normally would look at AOPi, theta or even dg before APhi.

By: Sos
by: SosMay 25, 2015 3:22:12 PM

So my "Oos six" would be: pm, zeta, pi phi, AOPi, adpi, and APhi

By: Sos
by: butMay 25, 2015 5:13:11 PM

Okay I'm in one of the "legacy houses" and I am from the west coast! Wouldn't trade my house for the world and I have never felt left out for being from far away. I have wonderful friends from all over the country. Yes some houses have more out of state girls, but don't buy into the rumor that the so called "in state houses" aren't nice to oos state girls or you won't be happy there. In fact, all 3 houses I preffed are in the "legacy house" list above!

By: but
by: truthMay 25, 2015 6:44:16 PM

Absolutely NO ONE thinks A Phi is a "best house" for oos girls except for the A Phis. Looks like they're out in force on greekrank. They have a sloppy drunk, easy, dumb reputation. Their looks are all they have going for them.

By: truth

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.