facebook

pnm

by: Lilly

I wear Lilly everyday. I'd say I own more lilly than anything else. Should I really not wear it during rush? Even though its almost part of my lifestyle

Posted By: Lilly
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: Active   

You're fine. I would be very surprised if you ended up in a different house just for wearing lilly. We're looking for conversation and personality, not taking notes on your outfit.

By: Active
#2  by: hum...   

Wear it every day during rush. If you are not wanted because of who you are, maybe sororities aren't for you.

By: hum...
#3  by: Please   

Don't wear Lilly. It's about the tackiest thing I've ever laid eyes on and you'll never wear Lilly anything if you actually get into a sorority. It won't change what house you get, but Goodness is it a sore to look at.

By: Please
by: WTWApr 17, 2015 12:41:58 AM

Wear what you like. Be pretty. Be you.

By: WTW
by: WTWApr 17, 2015 12:42:21 AM

Wear what you like. Be pretty. Be you.

By: WTW
by: umApr 17, 2015 9:21:04 PM

how can you call a $300 dress tacky? Its not like its cheap. Wear whatever you want.

By: um
by: ^Apr 18, 2015 5:02:53 PM

Did you seriously imply that because something is expensive it's not tacky? You could wear a semester's tuition in designer brands but still look tacky nouveau riche.

I personally compare loud Lilly prints to Juicy Couture track suits or Hermes belt buckles or Dolce and Gabbana men's underwear, but seriously OP, you do you. It's personal style and preference so it's not like anyone's preference can be "more right" than another's. Just know that you will get judged by some.

By: ^
#4  by: be yourself   

Go into rush and just do you! Do you plan to change your whole identity for a sorority? If you want to continue wearing Lilly throughout the year to express your style, I personally think you will be much more comfortable in a house that accepts and appreciates you for who you are right from the start of recruitment.

By: be yourself
#5  by: Active    

Wear Lilly if you want, but keep in mind that other girls will also be wearing Lilly too and there's a possibility that several girls just in your Rho Chi will be wearing the exact same dress/pattern as you. Personally, I advise against wearing Lilly because of that reason. During recruitment, you want to be memorable and if you're the girl that is wearing the same dress as 100+ other girls, you are not going to be memorable. There's nothing wrong with a little Lilly but I highly advise against wearing it every day. People will think you are trying too hard. Maybe just wear Lilly shorts on philanthropy day.

by: Active Apr 18, 2015 6:50:34 PM

And too be honest, it's not about brand names. It's about looking nice and appropriate for the situation. Sorry, but Lilly, although it can be very cute and it's not like I don't own any Lilly dresses, is not always appropriate. Sometimes a dress from Target looks better than a Lilly dress.

by: TargetApr 20, 2015 11:04:42 PM

Yes, cute dresses at "Tar-gea". Now even Lilly. Ha!

By: Target
#6  by: Active   

If you must wear a print, keep it as small as possible like shorts. Solids should be okay, but there will probably a lot of girls wearing the same thing as you if you're going to wear any kind of Lilly. Another poster also mentioned keeping things appropriate. It's usually not a good idea to wear items that easily give away what brand you're wearing (for example LP prints or brands with logos a la Tory Burch) because you're trying to be as "neutral" as possible. You're trying to offend the least amount of people as possible during rush. After rush however, you can wear whatever the heck you want. You'll rarely see old row girls wearing LP during rush though, just so you know. It's more of a resort/vacation brand that you wear to Palm Beach, not a tea with grandma (which is what rush is kind of supposed to be).

by: ahemmmApr 21, 2015 4:26:23 PM

“On Wednesdays, we wear pink.”

By: ahemmm
by: ExperienceApr 21, 2015 4:50:35 PM

I'd say the biggest issue is someone else wearing the same thing as you. There were two girls in my rho chi who wore the exact same pink Lilly shift during skit and instead of laughing it off, they played Rock Paper Scissors and loser had to change. The loser did a total #8or18 on the poor girl but she never got caught.

By: Experience
#7  by: Lol   

I'm a dude and don't know what lilly is but a do wear haynes all the time and, I am like totally into michael Jordan. Which frat is going to take me?

By: Lol
by: AApr 22, 2015 3:08:01 PM

This is hilarious !!!

By: A

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.