facebook

gpa

by: ...

I have a 2.9 gpa but I am very involved in school and my community, and I'm from Alabama so I know a couple actives but not a whole lot. I really don't want to wait until next year to rush and I want to be in a great houses. I know cuts will probably be pretty heavy first round, but how bad? Do they look at ACT scores because I have a fairly high one?

Posted By: ...
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: hi   

No they don't look at ACT scores. This is sorority recruitment, not college admissions. Your GPA is lower than sororities would like, but if you're otherwise an outstanding PNM the you'll be fine. If you're just average, then you probably won't get the results you want if you rush this year.

By: hi
by: ...Apr 14, 2015 5:23:54 PM

What exactly would you consider an outstanding PNM?

By: ...
#2  by: Advice   

You still have time to study and raise your gpa.

By: Advice
#3  by: Click   

2.9?
That's terrible. Get thee back to your books and STUDY. Nobody will pledge you with grades like that.

By: Click
by: @clickApr 16, 2015 9:34:48 AM

A 2.9 is a grade average of about an 86. It's not that terrible, and plus several sororities have lower gpa's than that. I understand that its lower than what is expected and you want the best, smartest girls in your sororities, however, I'm not exactly sure why some of ya'll get on here and degrade people for their GPA's.

By: @click
by: I know of one house Apr 17, 2015 9:14:59 AM

that is kicking out actives with low GPA's (Nationals is involved), so there is a real possibility that fewer grde risks will be taken during upcoming recruitment . The houses may be getting less open to taking grade risks. Study and get your grades up!

By: I know of one house
#4  by: honestly   

You would have a better chance of waiting until sophomore year to rush. There are over two thousand other young women coming through with 3.0+ GPAs, and thats what sororities are looking for.

Pledge the library, darling.

By: honestly

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.