facebook

teas

by: PNM

How was the KKG and AXO teas? I couldn't attend this weekend

Posted By: PNM
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: pnm   

AXO: all the girls were so so sweet and genuine!!! I came in and immediately an active recognized me and introduced me to all her friends and her big! All of them seemed actually interested in me and they're all gorgeous. Then we went to sing karaoke and take pics in the photo booths. I had a dessert shooter, talked to a couple more girls in a group of 4 actives and 1 other pnm then left!

By: pnm
#2  by: be    

be careful. axo will bid promise you all the way up to bid day and then drop you. happened to me and i was crushed. just trying to make sure you know.

By: be
by: NahMar 29, 2015 6:24:46 PM

I don't think that's an accurate statement. Axo follows the panhellenic rules extremely closely. That may have been a one time thing, and that girl probably didn't even mean to do it. Some actives literally think you're 100% guaranteed a bid but they don't know what the rush team knows. The rush team makes the ultimate decision im sure. Overall, that's a sucky situation and it shouldn't have happened, but I don't think your situation should represent the entire chapter.

By: Nah
by: GuestMar 29, 2015 7:03:21 PM

This happened to me too. Was rushed harder by them than any other sorority, made to feel like I was a shoo-in and belonged there, carried until pref, and then dropped. Lucky they weren't my first pick or I would have been heartbroken

By: Guest
by: AXO is well knownApr 1, 2015 8:40:50 PM

for misleading PNMs in order to make their return rates as high as possible. MANY PNMs get sucked by AXO actives and then are disappointed later on.

By: AXO is well known
#3  by: yeah   

This is a common theme, actually I know many girls this has happened to. Almost any girl in Tridelt or Alpha Gam took AXO to pref, got bid promised and then heart broken on bid day. I know AXO is the best sorority but still it's not fair

By: yeah
by: GuestMar 29, 2015 7:13:33 PM

I'm in one of the other sororities you mentioned above, and I can't speak for everyone but I can speak for myself and many other girls who I know preffed our sorority and AXO. We all loved both sororities but in the end picked our own over AXO. We didn't get heart broken on bid day, because we liked our sorority a lot better

By: Guest
by: ^^^Mar 29, 2015 7:42:31 PM

Hahahah what was the purpose of that comment above??? To put Axo down? I hope you liked the sorority you picked... If not I'd be worried.

By: ^^^
by: Not reallyMar 29, 2015 10:07:45 PM

Dropped AXO the night before pref
Preffed Tri Delt #1 and got it. Based on me and my friends, not a very accurate comment.

By: Not really
by: AXOMar 30, 2015 6:34:55 PM

Sit down. The remark isn't to insult you. Simply stating that you were not everyone's first choice. You are very good house. There are other very good houses on campus. I think the point is that AXO tries to corner the market by bid promising and not every pnm is buying in because they like other houses just as much or more than you.

By: AXO
by: NoMar 31, 2015 6:45:46 PM

I think that pnms should learn what exactly bid promising is. There's a difference in saying "everyone that has met you this week just loves you and we hope that you feel at home here" from "you are guaranteed a spot here on bid day"
There's a huge difference in the two. Don't blame a sorority for bid promising when they might just be saying something in a different way.

By: No
by: @NoApr 1, 2015 7:51:04 PM

"Everybody who has met you here this week just loves you and we hope you feel at home" is a VERY leading statement and EASILY misunderstood by a pnm. What does this statement imply exactly?

By: @No
by: @ @NoApr 1, 2015 11:24:32 PM

"Everybody who has met you here this week just loves you and we hope you feel at home" means that everybody who has met you here this week just loves you and we hope you feel at home. It does not mean, "You are guaranteed a bid on bid day."

By: @ @No
#4  by: .   

How was the Kappa tea?

By: .
by: California pnmMar 31, 2015 10:30:42 PM

I had a lot of fun at the KKG tea. I walked in to a bunch of girls smiling and greeting me with daquiris. The girls Made me feel right at home and they were so nice! Plus they had amazing food! I spent almost two hours there without even noticing!

By: California pnm
#5  by: ...   

Is that what it was? On Friday night? Really?

By: ...
#6  by: wow   

no one even said anything about Kappa's tea. wow

By: wow
#7  by: Kappa    

I think kappa was pretty selective with their tea invites. Obviously I'm not a kappa so idk how many they sent out, but only one PNM that I know got an invite to kappa (she couldn't attend anyway).

By: Kappa
#8  by: lol    

If houses telling girls that they hope they feel at home is bid promising, I was "bid promised" by every house I preffed. Obviously if you make it to pref, you're comfortable there. So many things can happen during bid matching, it isn't always the sorority's fault.

By: lol

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.