facebook

rec letters

by: Please help

I don't understand them at all or how to get them and I know they're really important! Someone please explain

Posted By: Please help
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: Active   

Rec letters are written by women who were in that sorority. Usually it is someone who knows you well and can speak for your character, activities, etc. Some PNM chose to send their resume to a council and women who are part of it write rec letters based on the individuals resume. Generally speaking 2 to 3 recs are good for each sorority more than 5 is over kill.

By: Active
#2  by: Also    

Start asking women you know if they have a sorority affiliation. Any woman who went to a four year college is a possibility. Start with your teachers, coaches, advisers, plus check with women you know from church, your neighborhood, work, parents co-workers, friends mothers, everyone! If you contact a sorority alumnae group for help, those willing to do recs might want to meet with you before agreeing to do it. One of my friends Skyped with some alums, another one met for coffee. They will also check out your social media. The alums don't have to be from the Alabama chapter of a sorority. It's great if they are, but they could have gone to any school. You'll need to give them a resume and a photo or two. They'll take it from there. Most sororities have a form that alums get from their nationals and they'll submit it with the info you give them. Start lining them up now. I have several relatives who do recs and they get a lot of requests because they all live in areas where lots of girls go through recruitment at SEC schools. Good luck!

By: Also

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.