facebook

rushing

by: next year

I'm a senior in high school this year and was thinking about coming to UA next year. I DJed at Tomorrowworld and EDC orlando this year so I feel like I could add a lot to any house and my dad is an SAE Alum. Only "problem" is I am adopted and half black. At other schools, I feel like this wouldn't be a big deal, but ever year some stuff comes up about UA not accepting people due to race.

Posted By: next year
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: sledge   

Ask your Dad. He will know.

By: sledge
#2  by: Different perspective   

Honestly, if I had a drop of black blood in me I'd pledge a historic black fraternity/sorority. While you might have more of the "classic" white middle class college experience if you went SAE, it's not going to help much after college. Almost all successful black
people in this country were AKA's, DST's, Q's, Alpha's etc. 95% of black women I see driving a Benz have an AKA tag! I think you'd have more support and connections after college if you played up your black side!

By: Different perspective
by: WhatDec 1, 2014 2:10:08 PM

are you talking about? SAE has one of the largest alumni bases in the country.

By: What
#3  by: Active   

Rush around. the racial stigma is lessening every year, I know I would love to add you to my house Bcbyou can always use a badass dj. There will be a few new row black pledges I'm sure this year and most likely be a black old row pledge in the next year or two- nobody necessarily wants to be the first to "disrupt the old ways" but you damn sure don't want to be the last one

By: Active

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.