facebook

pre-med

by: Jdfididi

Which sororities/fraternities have the highest amount of pre-med students?

Posted By: Jdfididi
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 2
#1  by: Also curious   

I would like to know also. I am pre-med and am considering rushing in the fall

By: Also curious
by: Curiousx3Nov 10, 2014 4:39:37 PM

saaaame

By: Curiousx3
#2  by: So   

It's impossible to give y'all a number on that bc they don't share that kind of info. I want to say sororities with high gpas, but they also have a ton of girls with bs majors to fluff the gpa to look good. Girls with difficult majors are less likely to get into top houses, though, if their gpas are lower than say a 3.75. Hard majors and not top grades=they see you hurting the chapter gpa. Plenty of smart girls go to new row as well. But no matter what house you're in, you will not be in the majority. Science majors are not uncommon, but they aren't the norm

By: So
by: YEP!Nov 1, 2022 11:53:30 AM

This comment is spot on. I am in NR and our GPA is mid-ranked because there are a ton of girls in my house will difficult STEM majors. Some of the top OR houses for grades have a bunch of Southern girls in them get MRS degrees so their majors are super easy and so getting a high GPA is also easy.

By: YEP!
#3  by: Well   

Lots of smart alpha gams and adpis with hard majors, I'd even venture to say alpha chi although you don't hear that as much

By: Well
by: TruthNov 1, 2022 11:56:05 AM

AXO's are looking for husbands. They are at the top for grades but with some of the easiest liberal arts degrees on this campus.

AGD's definitely have more pre-med, nursing, finance, etc. majors.

I know nothing about ADpi- socially or grade wise.

By: Truth
by: @TruthNov 1, 2022 7:23:45 PM

You’re either a upper class Alpha Gam or AGD Alum - and posts like this are exactly why I chose a new row chapter over yours. I was warned by a few people not to go AGD. Sometimes it is funny how accurate the warnings were. I know more than a few pre-meds in the sorority you claim are looking for husbands- so that’s Cap. Your rivalry with them is getting old. Please try to let it go. The new members I’ve seen in these houses don’t care nearly as much and they actually try to get along with each other.

By: @Truth
#4  by: Beth   

Look around in your classes. If you think the are greek, check out the letters they are wearing, or just ask them about it.

By: Beth
#5  by: Guest   

AXO has a lot of premed and engineering majors. My roommate last year was an Alpha Chi and every one I met was some sort of engineering or premed.

By: Guest
by: TruthNov 1, 2022 11:57:32 AM

This has NOT been my experience. Some of the majors of the AXO girls I know are a joke. Every house of 400+ girls will have some engineering and premed students but that IS NOT the AXO vibe or norm.

By: Truth
by: Hmmmm...Nov 1, 2022 2:40:11 PM

@Truth So your experience somehow is more meaningful than hers? That is what this is reading like.

By: Hmmmm...
#6  by: idk   

My pledge class has a good amount of premed and about 8 engineering majors. I've met engineers and premed majors in almost every fraternity. The only sorority girls I've met in my engineering classes were Alpha Gams

By: idk
#7  by: Tri Delt's   

President last year was pre-med and super-smart (Phi Beta Kappa, etc.).

By: Tri Delt's
by: ^Nov 11, 2014 1:05:40 PM

Recruitment chair, not president

By: ^
by: Is this comment a joke?Nov 1, 2022 12:06:40 PM

Ooooooh, DDD had that one pre-med girl! Impressive.

By: Is this comment a joke?
#8  by: Also Curious   

Very helpful, thank y'all for answering!

By: Also Curious
#9  by: Friend   

My BFF is pre-med and in honors college. She is Gamma-Phi. They have compulsory study hours. Some other sororities have compulsory gym hours. (she is size 2, LOL)

By: Friend
by: MillsJan 3, 2015 4:32:15 AM

Sororities don't have mandatory gym hours, but I do know that yes, Gamma Phi does have a lot of pre-med, pre-law and engineering majors.

By: Mills
#10  by: Soppin'   

All the groups will have a handful of pre-med, engineering, etc. majors. Can't be friends with a fashion merchandising major? Looks like you have issues beyond joining a sorority.

By: Soppin'
by: BiotchNov 25, 2014 5:04:57 PM

i think she's asking because she doesn't want to join a sorority where the majority of girls only value partying and don't take studies as seriously. She doesn't want to feel pressured to go out every night of the week and she wants to be in a group where a lot of girls can't fit that in to their schedules so she doesn't feel left out

By: Biotch
by: Soppin'Nov 25, 2014 11:19:01 PM

Every sorority has a group of girls who take their studies seriously, and every sorority has a group only there for the party. There's no way to say A, B or C sorority have the most pre-med or engineering majors. Even if you had that info, it will change from semester to semester.

Best to go with the group where you feel comfortable and welcome.

By: Soppin'

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.