facebook

old row/new row

by: west bloc senior

How much should a fraternity being old row or new row affect my initial interest in going to their rush events, and ultimately my decision to accept a bid? Also, is it acceptable to hold a few bids that were given in the spring/summer? How soon after you first meet actives at rush events do they normally give out bids? Thanks for any feedback

Posted By: west bloc senior
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: You   

can only receive bids from three houses. You can do whatever you want with the bids when you receive them, no matter when you received them. For most houses, you'll have to be on their rush list and you have to attend a few of their events before you can receive a bid. Old Row only matters freshman and a little bit sophomore year. I'd say rush as many houses as you want and have fun doing it.

By: You
by: whatOct 26, 2014 5:46:29 PM

There is no rule that says you can only get bids from 3 houses, you can get 30 bids if they want to give them to you. Also when you get a bid, rarely anyone actually "holds" a bid. you pretty much just accept it and if you get a bid from a better fraternity you can just accept that too. its not a big deal and happens every year to almost every house

By: what
#2  by: Old row or don't go   

If you're going new row you might as well transfer. No girls will give you the time of day.

By: Old row or don't go
by: NotOct 25, 2014 3:21:05 AM

true. A lot of the good new row houses like Pike, Beta, Theta Chi, ATO, Sigma Chi, and Pi Kapp party with pretty hot girls. What matters is what you think and what you feel comfortable with. Rush any and all of the houses you want and decide for yourself, not what someone wants you to believe.

By: Not
#3  by: Well   

From my experience, the only reason you'd really need to go Old Row is for the usually much more rich brothers and established social status. I have friends in New and Old, and as a New myself, I can tell you that its really your pledge class that dictates how happy you'll be. I wasn't in a top house but we were constantly hooking up with hot girls from top sororities because my pledge class was good.

So in essence, go somewhere where you feel you fit in with the other rushies. It aunt hard to get a bid most places, and you wouldn't miss out that much if old rows didn't consider you.

By: Well
#4  by: Blood   

Answering your question, by the second visit you should know if it is working out or not.

By: Blood
#5  by: Fact   

There is no such thing as old row in panhel or IFC

It is a tag just in BAMA, given to average houses that are sponsored by alcohol companies. Most nationals don't want to be in bed with an alcohol company. Most of this is marketing hype and cheap ppl that are stuck in the past.

By: Fact

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.