facebook

southern royalty

by: FYI

Southern Royalty really just is the houses that are powerhouses in the South.

Southern Royalty :

Queens : XO
Princesses: KD, ZTA, PhiMu
Duchesses: DDD, DZ, KKG, AOPi, ADPi (DDD is the strongest Duchesses)

Posted By: FYI
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 4
#1  by: ha   

LOL ok Chi O!!

By: ha
by: ActuallyNov 2, 2014 4:52:51 AM

Lots of these houses are pretty good good on most campuses.

By: Actually
by: ^Dec 5, 2015 11:05:49 AM

Idk why you'd make them the only queens is that obvious enough? They also are terrible at a lot of campuses

By: ^
by: StahpDec 7, 2015 2:31:53 AM

Lol, Chi-O was founded in Arkansas...
And ADPi was the first sorority founded and in Macon, GA non the less...
Are you kidding me??

By: Stahp
by: uhMay 1, 2022 12:22:54 PM

Who the hell bumped this from 8 years ago?? LOL! This is so off for 2022! Half of the houses are no longer royalty at Bama much less in the South.

By: uh
by: 2023 Jul 16, 2023 9:31:58 PM

This post is literally from 2014... if ur here in 2023 take this with a GRAIN OF SALT.

By: 2023
#2  by: hmmmm   

not sure if OP his a XO or not, but I'm not and I can tell you that XO is the strongest Southern Sorority.
I actually agree with OP's assessment of Southern Royealty.

By: hmmmm
by: NopeDec 27, 2018 5:14:13 PM

KD is stronger than XO throughout the south and so is DDD - in fact they are both overall stronger than XO

By: Nope
by: thisDec 28, 2018 6:12:30 PM

Are going to say queens of the South it's chio kd and ddd. Chio is NOT stronger than those two sororities in the south. I would even say KD may be stronger overall than chio. They are strong at every sec school. Kkg is not as strong as those three and neither is zeta except at a few schools. Truthfully the south has the strongest sorority system in the us so I think it is really saying something to be strong in the south.

Should be:
Queens: KD, DDD XO
Princess: ZTA, Phi Mu, ADI, DZ
Dutchess: KKG, AOPI

By: this
#3  by: eh   

I think DDD is stronger than both ZTA and Phi Mu in the south. But I'm also from Dallas, so I'm biased.

By: eh
by: trueOct 23, 2014 5:14:35 PM

Agreed. Alabama is one of the only sororities in the south where ZTA is good. Tri Delt is very strong in practically every southern chapter, and Phi Mu is too but not nearly as much.

By: true
by: I dunnoOct 24, 2014 8:12:36 AM

ZTA is also strong at Arkansas, UF, UGA, and South Carolina in the SEC. Also FSU.

I would say the only SEC schools where Phi Mu isn't super-strong are the ones where either it's newer on campus (Arkansas, Kentucky, South Carolina) or where the school itself isn't very Southern (UF, Mizzou).

By: I dunno
by: yeah Oct 24, 2014 9:28:46 AM

ZTA is really good at Texas Christian. They are good at most southern schools.

By: yeah
by: LolDec 7, 2015 2:33:24 AM

I go to UGA and Zeta is Mid, plz

By: Lol
by: ?Dec 27, 2018 1:20:23 PM

Tri Delt is strong in the south and midwest but struggles out west.

By: ?
by: nopeDec 27, 2018 10:42:40 PM

Zeta is known as a bunch of wild sloppy girls at a lot of southern schools. I'm at TCU and saw that someone said they were good there. That's a laugh

By: nope
by: YepDec 29, 2018 6:13:41 AM

KD is stronger than either chip or Ddd

By: Yep
#4  by: Tri delt   

Tri delt is higher in the south. Agreed.

By: Tri delt
by: LMAOAug 6, 2020 9:00:11 PM

Hi mom you posted in the wrong thread

By: LMAO
by: <3Aug 31, 2023 1:22:53 PM

Love to the Triple Ds

By: <3
#5  by: yeah above   

Seems like DDD should be princesses.

By: yeah above
by: ^Dec 4, 2015 7:08:47 PM

Actually they are queens in the south

by: so agreeDec 10, 2015 1:00:17 AM

DDD is on point here

By: so agree
by: yeah butApr 27, 2019 2:52:55 PM

I know this post is about Southern Royalty ,but DDD really struggles out West. I'm not sure why.

By: yeah but
#6  by: Indasout   

Phi Mu rules the South. Nowhere else, but it does rule the South.

By: Indasout
by: ^Oct 28, 2014 6:28:21 PM

actually Huffington Post ranked Phi Mu the best sorority nationally.

by: ^Dec 5, 2015 11:07:07 AM

Huffington post named Alpha Phi the best school nationally lol

by: NoDec 6, 2015 10:28:55 PM

Tridelt are ratchet and irrelevant

By: No
by: ^Dec 10, 2015 12:56:15 AM

Hate all you want. They are a fantastic sorority.

by: Not informedDec 13, 2015 12:19:38 AM

No not at all. It's more like Phi Who??? No chapters in Texas the biggest and wet jest southern state, just a bunch of low tier chapters elsewhere excepts Al La Miss Ga, falling to mid tier at those even

By: Not informed
#7  by: Well...   

This is just....so stupid. How old are you? Princesses and duchesses? Honestly.

By: Well...
by: oh wellOct 26, 2014 12:27:35 AM

This is greek rank. if you don't like stupidity why are you here?

By: oh well
by: AlmostOct 26, 2014 11:53:54 AM

That is an extremely intelligent retort. That really changed my worldview. Bless your heart, princess. Or duchess. Or queen. Or whatever.

By: Almost
#8  by: Just curious   

Are Phi Mu and Zeta big (high tier) at LSU and Georgia? It doesn't seem like they are at Ole Miss, Arkansas, Auburn, etc. but maybe my opinion is based on the area I come from .... most girls are Chi O's and Tri Delts. Seems line one or both are very strong at Arkansas, Ole Miss, LSU, Bama, Georgia. Both are strong in Texas, too.

By: Just curious
by: Good pointOct 26, 2014 11:27:34 AM

Phi Mu, KD, and ADPi are really only regionally strong in the very deep South (not including Texas). Of the three, ADPi probably has the greatest presence outside the deep South. I wouldn't say that AOPi or DZ have their greatest areas of strength in the South -- or that they are particularly strong at very many schools in the South, especially larger state universities -- so a little puzzled at their inclusion as "Southern Royalty." In Texas it is hard to even find someone to write a DZ rec. XO, DDD, KKG and to some extent ZTA are strong nationally. A list of "national royalty" would look very different -- and would need to include Pi Phi, Theta, DG, A Phi, and maybe Gamma Phi.

By: Good point
by: Maybe you shouldOct 27, 2014 1:35:37 AM

Make some friends
Most of these houses are at every SEC school.

By: Maybe you should
by: Just curiousOct 27, 2014 9:14:12 AM

@maybe should
We know they are at every SEC school! But are they strong/top house at every school? That's what I was commenting on.

by: at Goodpoint^Oct 27, 2014 11:08:02 AM

Just an FYI that the Huffington post did do a National Ranking of sororities back in 2012.
The top five were:
1) Phi Mu
2) Alpha Chi Omega
3) Gamma Phi Beta
4) Delta Zeta
5) Kappa Alpha Theta

By: at Goodpoint^
by: Thanks for sharingOct 31, 2014 3:42:18 AM

Yes all of those are super great houses in lots of areas.
Woul d love to see the context.

By: Thanks for sharing
by: Please read the article..Nov 2, 2014 1:40:42 AM

The sorority ranking in the Huffington post was referring to an article originally in Newsweek. The Newsweek article can be found here:
newsweek.com/college-rankings-2012-top-sororities
The Huffington Post article shows pictures of the sororities in reverse order of how they are actually ranked in the Newsweek article. Newsweek lists the top five sororities as: 1. Zeta Tau Alpha 2. Delta Gamma 3. Kappa Kappa Gamma
4. Alpha Delta Pi 5.Chi Omega
You may have different opinions regarding the rankings or the criteria used, but you should at least be aware of the actual rankings of the article on which the Huffington Post piece was based.

By: Please read the article..
by: LsuDec 4, 2015 9:45:05 PM

Zeta is horrid at LSU

By: Lsu
by: @Just curiousDec 7, 2015 9:36:17 AM

Phi Mu at UGA is more like KD here -- first house on campus and takes mainly old-money girls from prestigious public and private schools. Heavy on legacies, so not as "hot" as Phi Mu at other SEC schools.

ZTA there compares to ZTA here, except UGA ZTA has way better grades.

By: @Just curious
by: ?Jun 3, 2016 10:02:12 AM

I wouldn't say DDD is top house at LSU. You must be one. They are strong. But not even close to top.

By: ?
#9  by: Just curious   

@ I dunno
Sorry to be a know it all, but technically, FSU is not in the SEC. They are in the ACC.
@ yeah
I don't know if Zeta is big at TCU (Texas Christian) but I know DDD is top tier there.

by: ^Oct 27, 2014 11:00:08 AM

ZTA, CHiO and DDD are the top three at Texas Christian.

by: TCu. ReallyOct 27, 2014 12:28:30 PM

That school dosent even allow them a house. They get a flat to one room and an awning with their letters. Big deal. This campus is like any private HS in the US. All they have is that crazy frog, and a nice stadium.

By: TCu. Really
by: ^Oct 27, 2014 1:12:12 PM

agreed that TCU is a joke of a school, but they have an active greek system

by: TCUOct 27, 2014 6:05:27 PM

Really? It is a prestigious school. More so than Bama, I hate to say. You people know absolutely nothing outside your little world. A school is a bit more than it's Greek housing, bless your hearts.

By: TCU
by: ^Oct 28, 2014 9:59:13 AM

First of all, why is a purple frog on this page? Second of all, TCU is NOT even close to prestigious. It is a joke. Yes, it is expensive, but that doesn't make it prestigious. Sorry to burst your bubble.

by: WellOct 28, 2014 10:19:27 PM

Sweetie, if you are suffering under the delusion that Bama is more prestigious than TCU...bless your heart. They actually have standards and they are higher than Bamas redneck self.

By: Well
by: ^Oct 29, 2014 12:27:06 AM

You are funny. Go back to your purple frog school where you pay your teachers to tell you you are brilliant. Jokes on you.

by: I toured 17 colleges.Oct 29, 2014 1:09:39 AM

TCU - actually gave me a large scholarship and I passed it up.
Why.... because I wanted a better school. One that invested in the campus and had better rankings, TCU had an okay campus for its size but BAMA had something much bigger. A Greek life that smokes TCU, how do I know this. Duh cuz I am a freshman with friends at that campus and they sooooo wish they were here.

So ovi you don't know what the Bama Greek calendar has. We have two swaps week. Band parties on weekends and football games, study groups, philanthropy events. Date parties every week and formals.

Enough said.

By: I toured 17 colleges.
by: YesOct 31, 2014 10:38:50 PM

tcu, smu, and other private schools often give sizeable scholarships to good students to help bring the cost down to near that of a quality public university. You can say "Woo they gave me a 4 year 60,000K scholarship" and in reality, that isn't going to make it less than going to Alabama, UT, etc. So it sounds like a lot, but it really isn't. SO unless they offered you a full ride, I am not impressed. And DUH...you have moronic friends if they want to transfer anywhere for the Greek system, Miss I toured 17 colleges. Bully for you. Apparently it didn't make you smarter!. Bless your heart.

By: Yes
#10  by: Mamaw   

No, not really.

By: Mamaw
by: ChanclasJan 22, 2024 12:50:09 PM

This just made my nose bleed

By: Chanclas

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.