facebook

gpa

by: Grades

I'm highly considering attending bama in the fall and have been dying to rush but the only thing holding me back are my grades. Is there any way to go around it? Like summer classes? Second semester recruitment? Any chance my grades could be looked past? Despite my low gpa I know I'm more than capable of being considered for a top tier house. Should I start looking at other schools because of this? Should I just give it a whirl and pray for a bid? I'm not really fond of the idea of rushing as a sophomore :/
Thanks yall! And roll tide

Posted By: Grades
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: twizzy   

dude bids at bam a just require you to party so grades from high school aren't an issue.

By: twizzy
#2  by: @twizzy   

If the OP is a girl, then grades are 100% a huge factor. First cuts are solely based on grades and recs, and if you don't have at least a 3.0, MAYBE a 2.8 if you have connections, you'll be cut from a lot of houses. That being said, there are other ways to build your resume and make a good impression. Anything can happen!

By: @twizzy
#3  by: ...   

1. Almost every girl rushing considers themselves top tier material, and 9/10 of those girls get dropped by the top tier houses. 2. No matter the tier, the houses are usually a pretty good mix of girls with many different niches; you'll be able to find a group of girls to hang out with in any house. I don't really know how much summer classes will help; just bust your ass for the rest of high school and you should be good. I know a girl who was from my hometown (Birmingham suburb) that had all top tier houses during pref and she had a 3.0. You'll find out where you fit in the most.

By: ...
#4  by: Grades   

Should I not rush if I can't bring it all the way up to a 3.0? Could I take summer school at bama or another university and use that in place of my high school grades? I've heard that as an option but want to be clear! Could I stand out with an outstanding amount of recommendations? Thanks for the help

By: Grades
#5  by: Indasout   

Summer grades are not counted. Unless you have a 3.0, you WILL be cut from many houses. But not all.
Having 10 recommendations per house won't help.
Are you outstanding in some other way? Major pageant winner, major offices held in clubs, started your own charity, top fundraiser for something?

By: Indasout

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.