facebook

getting into "top tier" or "middle tier" sororitie

by: marissa

Is it really hard to get into what many girls consider to be the best sororities? I know that rush week is all about finding the best fit for you, but from what I've read on this site, a lot of the top houses choose based off of physical appearance and money. What can someone do to improve their chances of getting their first choice? Or is a lot of it based off of a first impression?

Posted By: marissa
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: Under   

First thing you need to do is realize the "worst" sororities at UA are more like the "top" sororities at any other campus.
Every sorority has campus leaders...and students barely getting through each day. They all have their honors scholars and their people barely making a 2.5. They all have party hearty girls and study-all-the-time girls.
Consider yourself lucky to be asked to pledge ANY of the UA sororities.

By: Under
by: Huh?Oct 20, 2014 3:24:23 PM

Why would you say the worst sororities at AU are better than the best sororities at other schools? Don't you know that AU is horrible academically? You only need to have a pulse to get in. Better schools have better people...plain and simple.

By: Huh?
by: wellOct 22, 2014 2:44:53 PM

First of all, it's UA. Secondly, it's clear that you have A. Never been to UA and B. Know nothing about southern greek life. We have incredibly high achieving students here, both in and out of greek life. As for a school with so called "better people..." take a look at GA Tech or Vandy's greek rank. The top houses there are top for the same reason as ours- they get attractive (and smart) girls. Southern greek life is judged primarily by looks wherever you go (whether you think that's right or not) and our lower houses would absolutely be higher houses at other schools because of the quality and quantity of girls we have come through rush.

By: well
#2  by: Well   

The whole process is an enigma to me. I'm first generation greek and the houses I preffed consisted of a top, middle, and bottom tier sorority (though I loved them all). I ended up with a bid from my top house, which is typically considered one of the best sororities on campus. But I honestly couldn't tell you how I ended up in it because compared to the other girls I'm poor (by poor I mean upper-middle class) and unrefined (I'm northern). I will say, if you do like an old row/top tier sorority but don't have connections in it consider that it will be near impossible to secure leadership positions and that you will be somewhat of an outsider. That's something I've had to struggle with, though I have made a few amazing friends in pledge class.

By: Well
#3  by: tbh   

honestly, have connections. I was cut from all of the "top" houses except two on the very first day and I still ended up in a top tier sorority because my best friend was in it.

By: tbh
#4  by: honestly   

Connections are important. I'm not considered really wealthy and I'm not from in-state, but I still pledged a top tier house. Connections are a big part of it, I knew a couple girls in the house, and so is a stellar resume

By: honestly
#5  by: really    

Who cares? Nobody but you.

By: really

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.