facebook

best match fraternity house?

by: Rushing

Coming to UA on a scholarship from the midwest. Played basketball and lacrosse in high school and have been in contact with a couple houses. Just wanted to see what people thought of EX, DX, and Pike? They all seem like good new row houses, but since Im from out of state Im not really sure what their reputations are like here? Is one better than another? or just preference

Posted By: Rushing
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 2
#1  by: opinion   

I would rank them:

1.) Pike
2.) EX
3.) DX

They all take out of state guys.

By: opinion
by: AgreedJul 29, 2014 9:11:49 PM

Pike These are my favorite boys

I also like Pi Kapp Phi

DX. Is okay, we never stay too long at their house.

By: Agreed
by: opinionJul 29, 2014 11:16:05 PM

Same poster. I'd like to clarify that EX and Pike are nearly equal, but most people I know would go to a Pike party.

By: opinion
by: We sayJul 30, 2014 12:41:34 AM

Why Would you include DX with these two?

Pike and Sigma chi, theta chi, Pi Kapp and Beta are our strong middle houses.

Maybe ATO, but no one buys that "dry" BS.

From a group of 8 ladies getting ready for Recruitment.

By: We say
by: @we sayJul 30, 2014 9:41:50 AM

From them having Waka and from what Ive read on this site I assumed they were on par with these two. Sounds like they are below EX and Pike?

By: @we say
by: ^Jul 30, 2014 10:07:26 AM

Yes, that's correct. Anyone can get Waka, he isn't even that expensive. Besides, a house isn t good based on who they get to play at a party.

By: ^
by: LuvAug 3, 2014 3:21:17 AM

Lots of middle row guys are great.

DX not one of them

By: Luv
#2  by: Not kidding   

Sigma Chi is by far my favorite house to swap with. Their guys are really sweet. Pike is full of pretentious jerks who think they're old row (but clearly aren't) and delta chi is kind of lame.

By: Not kidding
by: DisagreeJul 29, 2014 10:56:08 PM

Sigma Chi is fine too, very similar to theta Chi.

I guess I just like the handsome, athletic type more. Go PIKE.

By: Disagree
by: Yeah rightJul 30, 2014 1:06:16 PM

Both of you are guys and most likely sx

By: Yeah right
#3  by: Truth   

Dont listen to this BS... all 3 of those houses are equal/interchangeable... it is 100% personal preference of where you fit in and which guys you like the best. Those 3 and pi kapp are pretty interchangeable and dont listen to anyone who says beta or ato are on the same level

By: Truth
by: lolJul 30, 2014 9:14:32 AM

A delta chi wrote this

By: lol
by: agreedJul 30, 2014 10:05:54 AM

^correct

DX isn't even close to Pi Kapp, EX, or Pike. The self promotion on here is a little ridiculous.

By: agreed
by: HmmJul 30, 2014 10:58:00 AM

^^ this thread is obviously being run by EX's and Pikes because everyone knows neither of those houses are what they used to be, Corey smith at pike sucked and nobody can even tell u the last good EX party

By: Hmm
by: HahahahaJul 30, 2014 11:01:46 AM

@Hmm way to just let everyone know you're a DX.

By: Hahahaha
by: To you mr DXAug 2, 2014 12:50:45 AM

You have so much to learn about girls, ladies, women and being a good fraternity.
Yes we wanna have fun but most people at UA can throw a good party.

We wanna dance, talk and not be ignored when we go to a party. We want to be with a dreamy guy not a dweeb. We also want guys to talk to our sisters who might not be a 10 on your scale. Y'all think with the wrong head. Take notes and maybe next year you can rise to their level.

By: To you mr DX
#4  by: Ya    

Pike and Sigma Chi are very similar but most people I know like Pike parties more. Check them all out in like two weeks. They'll l still have some bids left to give out

By: Ya
#5  by: 1   

EX sucks it's a bunch of kids who say "I could've gone Old Row", parties blow too

By: 1
#6  by: What is this??   

Sx blows haha they have been self ranking more than anyone I know good lord

By: What is this??
#7  by: Shout for delta sig   

Solid house for out of state. More laid-back than the mega-houses but still throw sweet parties

By: Shout for delta sig
by: LOLAug 3, 2014 2:53:14 AM

Give it up D Chi

By: LOL
#8  by: Wat   

Pi kappa phi is better than all of those mentioned theta chi is alright as well

By: Wat
by: bruhAug 3, 2014 8:29:55 AM

Theta Chi is the best on New Row, but then you have a tie with Pike, Pi Kapp, and EX, concerning new row houses. Pi Kapp isn't necessarily above Pike for a plethora of reasons.

By: bruh
by: DXAug 3, 2014 8:28:35 PM

How many downranks and smart-mouthed cracks can Pi Kapp make here??

Alright, I'll say it now: DX been better tn yu last 4 years; DX was better than you 80 years ago; DX has bette, tougher guys and better grades than y'all; DX has more past and present SGA leaders; DX has the most distinguished alumni of any of the several great fraternities at the U of A.

So now a DX has written on the board --- why don't you STFU

By: DX
by: New memberAug 3, 2014 9:24:49 PM

I visited all of these houses.

This Boys Fav @ UA

Pike
Pi Kapp
Theta Chi
Beta
KA
SAE
Sigma chi
DC
ATO

The rest were not worth staying long enough.
Having a deal with an alcohol Co and being old row was not really a big deal to me.
I asked girls in over 9 houses and most said it did not really matter what fraternity the guy was in as long as they guy was nice and fun to be with. All of the above had chill guys some good looking and others not so much. All of the parties were fun but then again I am a freshman. Top two houses asked me the most questions, wanted to know me.

I did take one and can't wait for z fun to begin.

By: New member
by: Hey ^^ fktartAug 3, 2014 10:49:59 PM

No DX I know would say that DX is "equal" or "the same" as Pi Kapp ---- DX is better historically and better now. The fake girlie stuff yall are writing on this board notwithstanding, and the anonymous rankings on here by guys trying to be cute by not identifyig their house.

By: Hey ^^ fktart
by: ^Aug 12, 2014 9:23:20 PM

DX thing to say for sure.

By: ^
#9  by: animal mother   

All these posts are arguing about pledging the most asshat houses. Have any of you thought about pledging a real fraternity? They are out there, you know?

By: animal mother
by: okAug 5, 2014 4:03:03 PM

Care to name a few that would take a northerner

By: ok
by: NickajackAug 12, 2014 8:39:43 PM

The ONLY one that will not pledge northerners is KA. All others will and do.

By: Nickajack
#10  by: DX   

Is full or retards end of story.

Just went to an event last week and there was nothing special about any of them. Hayden was the coolest guy there and he's a senior. The new member guy is an ass, so the poor poor pledges are screwed.

Even in the left over house y'all have you still suck!

By: DX
by: Lol Aug 12, 2014 3:45:16 PM

^lol someone didn't get a bid

By: Lol
by: hahaAug 12, 2014 7:13:54 PM

Right like Delta Chi won't give literally anyone a bid.

By: haha
by: LolAug 12, 2014 7:50:43 PM

Obviously not you

By: Lol
by: HahahhaAug 12, 2014 9:03:08 PM

Coming from a guy who says "new member guy" haaaaaaaa

By: Hahahha
by: AgreedAug 13, 2014 3:48:06 AM

See how many responses to this post.

They have no life so they creep on this page.

Smart move poster RUN

By: Agreed

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.