facebook

founded at ua dates

by: Question

I was told Alpha Phi left in 1963 and was recolonized in 2008. If that's the case, why does the Greek Chic say they were founded at UA in 1932 instead of when they recolonized?

Posted By: Question
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: Active   

Most sororities who recolonized have put their original founding date, including ADPi. I'm not sure but I think it's because they were not kicked off campus (like DG) and they only had to leave because of numbers.

By: Active
by: TrueJul 29, 2014 11:05:07 PM

Pan Hel will allow you to keep time earned

By: True
by: Kind ofJul 30, 2014 12:27:22 AM

Some chapters seem to put their original year and some their most recent year. But Dg was never kicked off campus, nationals pulled them due to numbers. it's almost impossible to recolonize if you were kicked off.

By: Kind of
by: check ur factsJul 30, 2014 4:05:32 PM

its pretty easy when the president of the school was a dg..

By: check ur facts
by: HonJul 31, 2014 12:35:03 AM

Dr. Robert Witt was school prez when DG recolonized.

By: Hon
#2  by: AP   

It is a bit misleading. They're pretty new actually even though they have a earlier date.

By: AP
by: It isJul 30, 2014 12:59:22 PM

Very misleading.

By: It is
by: To clarify...Jul 30, 2014 1:53:54 PM

Two newest chapters -- if you talking about re-colonized

Alpha Phi 1932–1963, 2008–present

Delta Gamma 1947–1978, 2011–present

By: To clarify...
#3  by: You know   

almost every Greek organization does this at basically any school they've recolonized.

By: You know
#4  by: Yes   

This is standard operating procedure at every college/ university when a houses recolonizes and thus it's not misleading whatsoever.

Though I am not in either house, as always keep an open mind during recruitment as if you gel with girls in ANY house it should make no difference as to how long they have been on campus. I guarantee if you ask about this in these houses or in others you will get cut for being classless and rude.

By: Yes
by: HmmmJul 31, 2014 12:19:52 AM

I agree. In fact, I don't even understand the point of the OP.

By: Hmmm
#5  by: Who cares   

Really

By: Who cares
#6  by: Informed   

I think they start using their original founding date after having participated in 3, 4 of 5 formal recruitments. I forget which..

By: Informed
#7  by: Confused   

Confused as to why this matters. They are not old row bc their nationals don't allow it and they are affiliated. What is the purpose of this? And the current president of Alabama was a DG. Not the one when they Re-colonized.

By: Confused
#8  by: Why?   

Just another person asking a question to try and stir up things! Why don't you look up when all the sororities were founded, their national strength and ranking. This is a tell all sign of what your choices are at Alabama . I seriously doubt this really matters to most.

By: Why?
#9  by: U   

Wut

By: U
#10  by: Current   

Current UA president was a DG, NOT the one before colonization. Please get facts correct.

By: Current

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.