facebook

habits

by: PNM

Is it pointless for me to rush if I'm not into drinking or hooking up with random guys? I've always wanted to rush for the whole sisterhood aspect, but I've been told a lot recently that it's not worth it if I won't be doing either of those activities.

Posted By: PNM
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: No   

not necessarily. Every sorority has at least one member who doesn't drink and at least one member who is in it for the sisterhood. However, there are houses that put on very convincing veneers during rush. If you're not in to partying literally at all, then Kappa, Zeta, Alpha Phi, and KD are definitely not for you.

By: No
#2  by: There   

There are lots of girls in my sorority who don't drink or party really, and they are still really involved and have fun. Rush and try to find people like you. There are almost 400 girls in every sorority--if you don't find people like you, you aren't looking hard enough.

By: There
#3  by: Me   

I don't party and I don't hookup. There are a bunch of girls in my house that don't. Stay away from APhi, KKG, DDD, ZTA, and PiPhi. But you will find gilrs in the others that don't.

By: Me
#4  by: Personally   

I'm going to be a senior and I've never been into either of those. I was just very careful about choosing my friends. It took me a little longer than others in my pledge class, but I found girls who are like me as well!

By: Personally
#5  by: of course   

Of course there are loads of girls that don't drink and party. I agree about avoiding a few choice houses. But the others will be fine.

By: of course
#6  by: Good Advice   

Thats great advice from the senior. Take your time finding friends, it will be worth it.

By: Good Advice
#7  by: PNM   

Thank you all so much for the great, honest answers! I'm glad I've signed up for rush, and am excited to meet girls like y'all!

By: PNM
by: PuhleezeJul 25, 2014 3:57:55 PM

They are sweet girls in every single house who don't party and hook up. It infuriates me that people imply...not they assert with complete "knowledge" that every single girl in APhi, KKG, DDD, ZTA, and PiPhi party and hook up. EVERY ONE? That is so unfair and so not true. That is just being a complete jerk to say that. You all should be ashamed to call yourself Panhellenic. I have sweet friends in all those houses. MY house is one of the "calmer " ones and YES we do have MANY girls who party and stuff, and many who do not. Just follow your heart and choose the sorority that feels right and I guarantee you will find a group of like-minded girls! Good luck.

By: Puhleeze
#8  by: Frat   

When you come to college I think that will change. I mean, c'mon, live a little.

By: Frat

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.