facebook

brief list of greek trends

by: Active

Here's a brief list of fashion necessities that a typical Alabama sorority girl would have in her closet...

- Chacos/Tivas
- Columbia/Patagonia rain jacket
- Norts
- Nike Free tennis shoes
- Gladiator-style feminine sandals (Rainbows seem to be making a comeback too!)
- Rain boots (Hunter, Coach, etc.)
- Pearl earrings
- Watch (Michael Kors is more popular but I've seen other designers)
- Aviator, Wayfarer, and Oversized style sunglasses

While you do have the freedom to wear whatever you'd like after bid day, it is highly recommended that you have these items if you want to blend in with the Greek community and trends. Some girls may think it's weird if you wear normal clothes instead of proudly promoting your organization and Greek life as a whole. This is a school of tradition, heritage, and legacy. Remember, conforming isn't always a bad thing! Plus these clothes are SUPER comfy! Good luck during recruitment!!!

Posted By: Active
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: diamond   

what about diamond stud earrings? I have a nice pair my Mimi left me and I always wear them for her.

By: diamond
#2  by: Seriously?   

"conforming isn't always a bad thing"
Let people wear what they want to wear. Personal style is a reflection of one's self, not of the greek community.

By: Seriously?
by: ^Jul 23, 2014 8:26:23 PM

AMEN. I wear tshirts bc I like my d a m n tshirts. I won't apologize bc people around me choose to live in comfort

By: ^
by: yesJul 23, 2014 10:22:17 PM

Lol this girl is a robot. Get a personality and stop copying trends to fit in with "greek life."

By: yes
#3  by: Huh   

You forgot the cowgirl boots.

By: Huh
#4  by: Sounds like   

a non-Greek mom put that list together!

By: Sounds like
#5  by: yeah   

It is a bit conformist, to say the list, but people are ALWAYS on here asking about exactly what to wear. Maybe she was just passing on what she though was helpful info. She even said these aren't necessary. Though I didn't care for the "some people may think you're weird" comment. I have all the name brands...plus Target...plus Walmart....plus vintage. Who cares? But I still wouldn't have minded having a basic list to know what to expect to see, whether I want them or not.

By: yeah
#6  by: Everyone    

Everyone still wears Michael kors watches lol.

By: Everyone
by: EwwwJul 26, 2014 2:20:33 AM

MK
Has not been popular sine he was a host on that designer show.

He is so old school.

If you want name brand then Rolex. Always classic.

By: Ewww
#7  by: ^^^^   

You sound like an idiot.

By: ^^^^
#8  by: uhh   

Obviously someone only posted this to stir up trouble... why the hell are all of you even responding to this? Stop taking the bait. STAND TOGETHER!

By: uhh

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.