facebook

which

by: PNM

Sororities are the most selective?

Posted By: PNM
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: well   

Each are selective for different things. XO and AXO are selective on grades. Alot of old row are selective on where you come from, especially KD and DDD (sorry it's true). Kappa is selective because alot of the girls are from mobile and know the actives. Zta and phi mu are selective on looks. Etc...

By: well
by: oh and Apr 17, 2014 6:11:38 PM

Alpha gam for grades as well

By: oh and
by: gradesApr 25, 2014 6:27:57 PM

^ i had a 3.2 and I prefed Alpha Gam. And in the grand scheme of rush a 3.2 isn't good...

By: grades
by: You mustApr 26, 2014 7:27:21 AM

have had a skill or talent they were looking for or are a chapter legacy. There was a reason you were preffed.

By: You must
#2  by: Selectivity:   

Looks: phi mu, zeta, and alpha phi basically won't pledge a girl who isn't pretty. Terrible but true.
Grades: Chi O, AXO, and Alpha Gam are the big three for grades
Zip code: KD, DDD (if you aren't from mobile, Montgomery, mountain brook, they basically won't take you)
Kappa is a toss up because they aren't as selective about zip code (ie lots of out of state) however girls from the previously mentioned alabama places pledge here as well.

That being said ADPi is also selective on grades however they get a lot of the smart oos girls that didn't go old row.
Pi phi is selective is sort of a reverse manner. They have the most oos and out of the south girls. Idk if that's because they don't like to plege southern girls or if southern girls don't want to pledge there but it's something to be considered.

By: Selectivity:
by: whatApr 17, 2014 9:03:09 PM

about delta zeta,delta gamma. and theta?

By: what
by: umApr 18, 2014 3:37:12 AM

How is pledging by looks any less shallow than pledging by location? Lol hypocrite

By: um
by: @umApr 18, 2014 10:27:31 PM

Good point. I hadn't thought about that, but you are right. Why dog someone for looking for pretty girls and not seem bothered by those obviously looking for money. Let's face it...ALL the sororities want pretty girls. Maybe not gorgeous, but fun, attractive, outgoing personalities.

By: @um
by: PledgingMay 2, 2014 9:17:28 AM

by looks? Regina George and her "real" friends. Maybe if pledging by zip code they are actually pledging the girls they grew up with and are actually friends. So what's more superficial? Do not understand why OOS think they will come to Bama and run all over third and fourth generation who know each other.

By: Pledging
#3  by: UA   

DDD and KD are the most selective. Definitely all around the hardest to get into. However, keep in mind that this is UA and most of the sororities are really great houses and take wonderful girls.

By: UA
#4  by: Prob   

Prob DDD followed by KD. Kappa and XO can be competitive too

By: Prob
by: LOLMay 2, 2014 10:32:41 AM

LOL at you ranking even the top ones.

By: LOL
#5  by: .   

DDD, KD, XO are the hardest because of legacy and tradition. Any old row is gonna be competitive.

By: .
#6  by: All   

When I saw this question I knew it was going to be answered by a lot of girls saying their house was the most selective. You can tell who's on here by how many times you see their names above.

I would suggest that all our sororities are exclusive. Even the ones that greekrank calls the very bottom ones only take the girls they want. Being greek means being a part of an exclusive community.

By: All
#7  by: hi   

Tridelt and Chi O dropped the most amount of girls the first round out of all the sororities

By: hi
by: TrueApr 22, 2014 6:28:25 AM

Good point

By: True
#8  by: If you care   

If you care that much you deserve to be dropped. Name droppers and elitest don't belong in the Greek system.

By: If you care
by: funnyApr 23, 2014 8:57:35 AM

hahahahahahhaha!

By: funny
by: Uhh Apr 23, 2014 10:10:55 AM

What

By: Uhh
#9  by: true   

If you don't know by the time you're about ten from you mom, her friends, your grandmother, aunts, etc., then it doesn't really matter. You'll be lucky to get a bid at all and shouldn't worry about selectivity.

By: true
by: LOLMay 2, 2014 10:39:19 AM

We all do already.
You're just dazzled by the beauties we put in the front row.

By: LOL

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.