facebook

alabama football players

by: 1

I've been told that there is a movement going on currently where a ton of people are e-mailing/tweeting/writing Alabama football players to boycott spring practices and transfer to another school bc a portion of the student body does not support the almost 100% black team.

Roll Tide

Posted By: 1
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: Right   

I am continually amazed that any black college athlete with a choice in the matter (i.e. a highly recruited kid) would not do anything in his or her power to avoid representing an institution like this and others like it. Why would anyone, let alone anyone of color, willingly attend such an institution. I mean, really????

By: Right
#2  by: yeah   

ive recommended by twitter to the incoming recruiting class to reconsider their commitments to Alabama. Hopefully they listen and end up going to Auburn or somewhere else, just to shove it in Bama's face

By: yeah
#3  by: ^   

This is literally ridiculous....football prospects pick the school that gives them a better opportunity to play in the NFL and that is Alabama. Just look at the amount of first round draft picks that we've had since Saban came in 2007. Most football players really couldn't care less about Greek life. Let's remember that Greeks only make up 27% of the school and that there are plenty of other issue to deal with on campus. The sororities are now integrated and it wasn't even the members that were trying to keep African Americans from pledging--it was the alumni. The active members actually wanted the girls!

Please just go away, Auburn troll. We are really getting tired of you.

By: ^
#4  by: my two cents.....   

I think athletes that consider Alabama should be ashamed. You are good enough to entertain them but not good enough to join their fraternity/sorority? How retarded does that make the athlete look???

By: my two cents.....
#5  by: Obviously    

Obviously 99% of the people posting on this are people who don't go to UA. Honestly, problems really aren't as bad as places like this message board are making them out to be. If you don't go to school here, don't make wide, sweeping accusations about things that you don't know about and don't listen to everything you hear. Honestly, it's like you people were born yesterday. You only listen to the things you want to hear.

By: Obviously
by: ^^^Apr 18, 2014 9:10:20 AM

"sight"....ahhh, the Alabama education speaks for itself!

By: ^^^
by: Good oneApr 18, 2014 6:27:09 PM

^^ Actually, sight here can be grammatically correct, as in "the sight of these message boards." Nice try though :)

By: Good one
by: GuestApr 29, 2014 5:50:49 PM

actually no, that could not considered correct. So we're back to that 'Bama education shining through.

By: Guest
#6  by: Hell no   

The student body is in 100% support of the football team. We are all beyond thrilled that we got all of the top recruits and look foward to this season. Everything on here written about racism is completly false and comes from people who don't go here. ROLL TIDE

By: Hell no
by: ha ha haApr 18, 2014 10:02:14 AM

Yeah, KA is actively recruiting African American guys for their next class.

By: ha ha ha
by: ^Apr 18, 2014 10:46:17 AM

No, KA might not be but other fraternities are. Stop generalizing.

By: ^
#7  by: Get a Clue   

Any school with a brain is going to offer money to an athelete with talent. Regardless of race or religion.
Any athlete with a brain is going to a school he/she is welcome and promotes a career.
Any person in a school will support a team who wins.
Duhhhh BAMA wins!,,,

If this was true by ant stretch of the imagination why has BAMA been winning solo many years....

Go home pot stirrer

By: Get a Clue
#8  by: kindaFunny   

This news is hilarious to me, as I've seen dozens of Football players frequenting fraternity parties, where they have been openly welcomed. The majority of them were Old Row, as well.

By: kindaFunny
#9  by: hahaha   

HAHAHAHA where do you get your information from? this isn't happening at all. I feel like this was written by another jealous SEC school in attempt to scare us.

By: hahaha

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.