facebook

bids?

by: Wondering

I know Greek life is huge here, and I really want to rush and join a sorority, but I've heard they are super selective. So I was wondering, do most girls who rush get a bid, or is it really selective?

Posted By: Wondering
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: Most   

Do get a bidsomewhere. Not all get the bid they hoped for.

By: Most
#2  by: Most    

Most get bids but that is because they do everything they are supposed to do to prepare. They have recs for EVERY house, dress appropriately, and come in with an open mind. You need all of those things for the most part to have the best possible recruitment experience in my own opinion.

By: Most
#3  by: Basically   

If you have a 3.0+, recs for all houses, and can hold a basic conversation you are basically gaurenteed a bid

By: Basically
by: @basicallyMar 30, 2014 9:50:17 PM

that's not true at all. lots of girls with the qualities you described get dropped for one reason or another. usually it's because reputation/rumors (a lot of which aren't even true) but girls can kind of slip through the cracks. @wondering, if you have a clean rep, decent grades, and recs to all the houses you have a good chance of getting a bid, but by no means are you guaranteed.

By: @basically
by: mmApr 1, 2014 1:02:55 PM

Actually, a lot of girls who had terrible reputations and were all over greek rank for those things got into houses.

By: mm
#4  by: seriously   

keep your name off greekrank

By: seriously
by: YupApr 1, 2014 9:28:25 PM

DZ takes all the rep risk gals

By: Yup
by: True Apr 1, 2014 9:50:23 PM

True but it's kept everyone talking about them

By: True
by: No judgement Apr 23, 2014 4:21:05 AM

So that's cool if your saying they don't judge.
Why can't more houses be like that. Why do girls have to gossip so much. This reminds me of the movie mean girls

By: No judgement
#5  by: DZ    

Rep risks go to DZ... But those girls are doing well there!

By: DZ
#6  by: K   

You need AT LEAST a 3.0, and some houses have their floor to pledge even higher - 3.5. However, some will go lower if a PNM has other redeeming qualities (legacy to an important alum, special talents or awards etc).

But the majority of women starting on Round 1 get bids, probably 85%. Maybe 5-10% get totally dropped. Most of those who don't make it all the way through drop out themselves after they didn't get invitations back to the next round from the sororities they wanted. And they felt they were "too good" for the sororities they had left.

By: K
#7  by: @k   

That is true. Most of the girls who don't get bids drop out themselves. Less that 100 girls actually get completely dropped from every house and a majority of those girls have 2.8 and below and no recs. Some of those girls have bad attitudes or rep risks as well. In all odds if u go in with a 3.0, with recs to every house, a good resume aka u did SOMETHING in high school, and you can hold a conversation, you will get a bid.

By: @k
#8  by: Most girls   

Most girls get a bid as long as they have a decent gpa, recs and make an effort to put themselves out there ( like sending resumes and going to preview day). All the houses are great but DDD and KD are prob the hardest to get into and the most traditional. I'm sure you will find a great house to join! Good luck!

By: Most girls
#9  by: Keep an   

Open mind - if you want to be part of Greek Life, you need to present yourself in the best way possible, must be able to hold a decent conversation, have a good resume of grades and activities, and keep ALL houses on your list that keep you on theirs. You do not pick the house that bids you, they pick you. Keeping all your options open (keeping all houses on your list) will maximize your chances of getting a bid.

By: Keep an
#10  by: sparkle   

Rush is grueling and some girls think when they go to a party at a "lower" house that they can just veg out and not try to shine. That is really a mistake and how girls get cut from every house. If you're only "on" for certain houses and they don't choose you, you've lost every house. So make sure to sparkle all day long.

By: sparkle
by: ??Apr 23, 2014 3:33:10 PM

"Veg out" ??

By: ??

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.