facebook

phi mu

by: new sorority

What's everyone think about Phi Mu coming to campus this fall?

Posted By: new sorority
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 2
#1  by: redgirl   

It's going to be interesting to see how they perform and fit in the existing Greek system. I feel like we just got another low-to-mid tier sorority.

By: redgirl
#2  by: well   

phi mu has had quite a few closures over the past few years at different campuses...not sure how they'll do here, but good luck to them.

By: well
by: WhateverMar 12, 2014 11:40:04 AM

Actually, Phi Mu has opened up at other great schools. Every sorority has poor-performing chapters. To the jackass who claims to be Ivy league educated with the name (haha), you sure make us look great by making stupid statements like that. Go check out some of the Phi Mu websites at some of their other great schools like Johns Hopkins and see how "overweight" their members are. In fact, there are a few Miss America contestants who have served different states. Please try to sound intelligent.

By: Whatever
#3  by: well   

I wish them the best of luck. Every new house has a bit of trouble on this campus it seems. Everyone wants to be so set in their ways. They have pretty good nationals so they might be able to pull together a good colonizing class but who knows. Obviously their name is easy to make fun of but that means nothing for their actual members. They'll go through the honeymoon phase where everyone mixes with them. it will be up to them at that point to not go the PSS route

#4  by: ???   

Anyone know if they're recruiting yet?

By: ???
by: wellJun 14, 2014 5:04:52 PM

Colonization won't happen til this fall

by: yeahJun 14, 2014 7:07:45 PM

Thus why they're gonna start recruiting.....

By: yeah
#5  by: Lilly   

Actually, Phi Mu is the second oldest National Sorority in the US. They are very strong in the South with good southern traditions. This past Spring, they colonized at Rutgers University (their first NJ chapter) with 150 girls. It will be very interesting how well they will do at Cornell.

By: Lilly
by: yesJun 30, 2014 3:26:53 PM

We are aware that they nationally are old. Each chapter is different though. And isn't every house "stronger in the south" lets be real

By: yes
#6  by: phi moo. it's real.   

i had high hopes for phi mu...

but looking at their bid day pictures, i cringe a little inside. i just see a lot of rush rejects (literally) and randos.

hello phi sig 2.0

By: phi moo. it's real.
by: .Sep 23, 2014 10:10:49 PM

that'll happen. But every new house has a long hard journey

By: .
#7  by: well   

I think it's an interesting mix of girls, some are very pretty and some...not so much

by: IFCNov 9, 2014 1:10:11 PM

Sororities are not beauty contests, however, you girls make it out to be, which is pretty stupid on your part. And let's not forget your founders of your national organization were NOT beauty queens themselves. Some of your founders probably would not have gotten bids from your chapters if they were alive today. So let cut the crap with the "who Looks LIke" stuff and focus on welcoming a new sorority o our Greek Community and wish them the best.

By: IFC
#8  by: Senior   

It'll be really hard for them. Everyone's saying they have some cute/social girls but honestly every sorority does and after seeing what happened to phi sig I think guys will give them a small chance in the beginning but the stigma of being new sticks and they'll fall to the bottom.

By: Senior
#9  by: Senior   

It'll be really hard for them. Everyone's saying they have some cute/social girls but honestly every sorority does and after seeing what happened to phi sig I think guys will give them a small chance in the beginning but the stigma of being new sticks and they'll fall to the bottom.

By: Senior
#10  by: wise   

its a thousand times hard to "close" at cornell sorority rush than other schools. we have much more history to the greek system (and substance to the girls), and history means a lot more to people here and being established. if you actually know anything about the greek system at cornell, all the new houses (at least for the first few years) start at the bottom and yeah they could have a few good girls, but they don't have the connections necessary or reputation to draw new girls.

By: wise

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.