facebook

expansion

by: usc

which sorority do you think will be the next one to join our community?

Posted By: usc
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: A   

We are getting Alpha Xi Delta in Fall 2016. An exploratory committee has not been formed to discuss further expansion.

By: A
by: ErgMay 28, 2015 5:20:46 PM

Why did they choose a sorority with a name so similar to Alpha Chi Omega and Alpha Delta Pi? We need a theta, DG, alpha phi, or aopi

By: Erg
by: AZDMay 28, 2015 8:04:24 PM

AZD is a great sorority, very BIG in Texas! Love this sorority! Best of luck at USC in 2016!

By: AZD
by: WellMay 28, 2015 10:23:13 PM

I heard aopi is coming in 2017. But aopi is also very similar to adpi btw....

By: Well
by: My bMay 28, 2015 10:56:17 PM

Haha true I guess I meant when people say "alpha chi" vs "alpha xi" it will be hard to differentiate

By: My b
by: AMay 28, 2015 11:00:07 PM

AOPi gave a presentation when Pi Phi and A Xi D did, but we did not choose them to come on to campus.
Also, we do not simply choose a sorority to come onto campus based on their name. We form a committee, we wait for their nationals to send in interest forms, and then from there we decide who will present, and who from there will come on campus. In deciding that we look at if they were here before, alumni presence, philanthropy, and willingness to build a house of property is procured.
So although DG and Theta are well known sororities, we can't just simply decide to add them. There must be mutual interest.

By: A

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.