facebook

grades

by: b

I'll be rushing a sorority as a sophomore this fall and I know the grade requirement is 2.75. I'm kind of struggling, but it's not too bad and I'm a science major so it's not like I'm not taking hard classes. I guess what I'm wondering is how much is your GPA ACTUALLY emphasized in relation to what they warn on the USC recruitment website?

Posted By: b
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: J   

I was in the same exact boat you are! I had really bad grades going into recruitment and after the first round I was dropped from 8 out of the 11. So I would say they are pretty strict with it, but that doesn't mean that you won't get into a great sorority!

Would I have gotten into a different sorority if I would have had better grades? Possibly, but I absolutely love where I ended up and have met my best friends. I would definitely advise you to go ahead and try it anyway, you can always drop out.

By: J
#2  by: hi   

Sounds like J above had great advice. All I would add is that you shouldn't take it personally-- many organizations have nationally mandated grade cuts for PNMs

By: hi

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.