facebook

worth rushing again

by: Confused

So I rushed last fall and dropped pref round because I got AGD and GPhi and I didn't see myself in either of those houses. I didn't click with any of the girls and did not see myself fitting in. I'm an attractive girl with good social skills so I was disappointed. I am from the North and have no legacies, would that have something to do with it? I want to rush again in the fall possibly, but my USC GPA is only a 3.0. Chances of getting a bid to a decent house?

Posted By: Confused
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: .   

AGD and Gamma Phi are 'decent' houses. There's a chance you may get a DIFFERENT house, but with a 3.0 GPA it is rather slim. Maybe you should have given those two houses a chance before you judged them from the outside. Rush next year with a more open mind!

By: .
#2  by: Betch please   

When you drop pref round it makes you look really bad not only to the sororities you dropped but to ALL sororities. We will know that as you come into rush and it just makes you look stuck up and honestly when I see the girl who dropped AGD and GPB I will remember this post and drop you so quick. Don't think you're better than a sorority that you didn't even give a chance. Odds are if no other sororities wanted you those would have been the ones you fit in with.

By: Betch please
#3  by: 2 cents   

It takes strong girls to be in those two chapters so you clearly didn't have what it takes to make it because you care too much what people think. Your GPA may get you dropped by a few after round 1. You may end up in a different chapter this time around or you may end up with those two again. I hope wherever you pref you actually give the girls a chance. You'll be a sophomore and I'm sure you've met some nice girls in all chapters now.

By: 2 cents
#4  by: top tier girl   

you sound like a t wat and God bless AGD and GPhi for giving you a chance but i also don't blame the others for not.

By: top tier girl
#5  by: Truth   

Looks like the lovely ladies of Gamma Phi Beta and Alpha Gamma Delta really dodged a bullet when you chose not to return to them. You are pretty self-absorbed. Also, GPhiB and AGD have strong chapters at other schools. There is no such thing as a bad sorority on this campus.

By: Truth
#6  by: truth   

You can go through recruitment again, but I'd be willing to guess that you will be released completely this time. For sure AGD and Gamma Phi won't want you (for obvious reasons, Miss Stuck up), and the others that released you when you were a freshman are for sure not going to give you a bid as a sophomore. I think your snooty attitude just did you out of the greek experience. Maybe you can make some good friends and hope they can convince their sisters to take a chance on you.

By: truth
#7  by: Nah    

1. Your GPA be low as hell, especially if you want to be in one of your self proclaimed "decent houses" 2. You describe yourself as having good social skills. Clearly that is not the case if you take to this site to say that you're better than the girls of gphi and agd. 3. You're more than likely to be released all together because of dropping pref, we can see what you did last year and we know your motives. Thanks for trying

By: Nah
#8  by: Ouch   

I'm gonna be honest, I'm an AGD and it hurt to read this post. I was in the same position as you when I was a freshman and I got a bid and gave the sorority a chance. And you know what? I LOVE MY SORORITY TO PIECES and wouldn't change it for the world. Sometimes I wonder where I would be today if I chose to drop and rush again and I am so happy I didn't. Maybe one day you'll feel the same about your future sorority. All I ask is that you rush next year with a more open mind... you are not better than one sorority or another like you think. Good luck!

By: Ouch
by: AXOApr 10, 2015 3:55:43 PM

You go girl! Good for you for being the bigger person. Sending love from across Greek village, AGD is a great group of girls

By: AXO
#9  by: Well   

I agree that you're a brat for not taking what you were given but ladies come on. THERE IS SUCH A THING AS A BAD SORORITY AT USC. it's just a fact of life not everyone is great and that's ok. But there are bad sororities here

By: Well

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.