facebook

dropping sorority

by: This sucks

I rushed pi phi bc I didn't do formal rush and wished I had.. i dont think Im cut out for colonizing.. If I drop before im initiated can I rush other sororities in the fall?

Posted By: This sucks
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: pi phi   

i’m in the same boat... i don’t really think I’m cut out for it either. but yes you can rush in the fall

By: pi phi
by: Yes but...Oct 16, 2014 12:49:13 PM

You can at least talk to one of the leaders about your concerns. Maybe they can offer some guidance or help so that you don't have to drop

By: Yes but...
#2  by: X pi phi   

Yeah I dropped bc it sucked and Im still rushing next fall!!

By: X pi phi
#3  by: rush in the fall!    

soooo many sophomores rush each year and they have an advantage because you know how all the sororities really are

By: rush in the fall!
#4  by: Helping   

Honestly, you're better off staying. Pi Phi is still new, so you can make it the chapter you want it to be. I know a lot of sororities will be turned off at the fact that you accepted a bid elsewhere. Make the best of the situation and take charge!

By: Helping
#5  by: Hmm   

I think that's going to be a huge turn off for sororities. I mean... I'd drop you because it gives a vibe that you cannot get along with or respect the 300 girls you were lucky enough to pledge with.

By: Hmm
by: PhishOct 29, 2014 11:09:40 PM

don't listen to them... if you'd like to be part of an established sorority or GOD FORBID PI PHI JUST ISNT THE RIGHT PLACE FOR YOU there is nothing wrong with rushing again. lots of sophomores and even juniors go to middle tier and even top tier sororities.

By: Phish
#6  by: you can try but you cant    

You know that thing you would have signed on bid day? thats a contract saying you have picked pi phi and cannot pledge another sorority for exactly 365 days. Seeing as formal recruitment happened before pi phis did, you cannot rush another sorority until spring 2015, and even then as at least a second semester sophomore, your chances are slim. More and more girls are rushing and in reflection less and less sororities will be participating in spring rush. Stay with pi phi and give them a shot, they obviously wanted you as a colonizing member because they think you have potential to do great things for the chapter!!

By: you can try but you cant
#7  by: Help for you   

I know things are probably so bad and you want to quit, but I think you should stick it out for a while especially if you're in a binding contract. If you dedicate some of your time and energy into your sorority you might actually begin to like it.

Life is what you make it, its only miserable if you let it be.

By: Help for you

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.