facebook

recs

by: UGA19

I have a few questions about recommendation letters (for sororities). How many should I have for each house? Do they have to be a UGA alum or can they be from anywhere? What should they include? Do I mail them to the sorority house? Sorry this is annoying I just don't have anyone from home to really help me out! Thanks!

Posted By: UGA19
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: Pnm   

Bump

By: Pnm
by: Sorority GirlApr 1, 2015 12:48:11 PM

Every sorority is different by the way they handle their recommendation letters. Some sororities allow their actual members to write recommendations and some prefer it come from a personal family member. If you're a legacy, trust me they will know. All in all, recommendations are not that big of a deal because I have personally seen triple legacies ending up in a different sorority. The person who writes your recommendation can be from another school. The should include a picture, resume, and their recommendation form. Typically, they would mail it to the sorority house.

By: Sorority Girl
by: UGA19Apr 1, 2015 9:01:08 PM

Thanks @sororitygirl! Where can I find a recommendation form?

By: UGA19
#2  by: NO!   

The sorority member will send in the recommendation for you. They know where to get the forms. YOU find the sorority members/alums to write the recs. You give them a resume and a couple of casual photos-head shot and full length, not senior photos, not cap and gown, not prom, and with no other people in the photo. The object of the photos is to help the sorority members recognize you when you walk thru their doors. Don't make drastic changes to your appearance after you send your rush packets to your rec. writers. Again, because you want to be recognized by the sorority members during rush.

By: NO!
#3  by: NO!   

Recommendations can be from any alumnae member of that particular sorority-they do not have to be from the chapter where you will be attending college.. An ABC from State U can write a rec to any ABC chapter. Some sorority members allow collegiate members to write recs. but not all allow it.

#4  by: NO!   

Sorry....should be some sororities, not sorority members

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.