facebook

2017 legacy

by: legacy

I am considering going to UGA in 2017. I am an AOII legacy and very interested in them. I plan to keep my mind open no matter where I attend but I was just curious as to how seriously the AOII chapter at UGA takes legacies. I am OOS and my legacy is not within the chapter. I have good grades and have been very involved in HS.

Posted By: legacy
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: Be careful    

Hi my advice to you as an out of state person applying to UGA is consider really why you want to come here. Unless you are lined up for a great deal of scholarship money and you like UGA over all the state schools you have or even private ones then consider UGA. But your parents will pay a ton for you to come here as out of state student and thst same amount of money could easily be used at s private college and you also may get merit aid at private college with good grades and SAT or ACT scores. So do consider carefully. I am in state and my parents said I had to attend collegs in ga. I was so excited to get accepted and equally excited at rush and had a great rush getting pref to an upper a middle and a lower house. So what do you think happened to me ?? It absolutely sucks being in one of these lower houses you see ranked here. girls and guys make you feel bad and at downtown bars see your letters and ktalk about you and you will feel un wanted and snubbed then if I were you do consider other colleges !!

By: Be careful
by: Careful Oct 18, 2016 11:02:08 AM

Also I am not a troll and actually like some members of the house. Just really really sick of the ranking the judging and all that. I hurt for the girls in my house when I hear others tell me but your pretty why are you in that house ? For this reason I have decided to quit. UGA esp game day will suck and I know my social life will suck but it sort of did akready cause well when you are in the lower houses you have few frat socials. Gosh I'm crying talking about this as I was looking forward to semi formal. Even bought a dress but hey where would I even find a date cause my house does not mingle much with the frats. So my advice out of state is consider college choices wisely. Sounds like you are lucky and your parents can afford out of state for you so do think of some of the non south places. Wish I just could of had the choice. People talk about how great college is well not at UGA if all the stars do not line up for you and the previous bid !

By: Careful
by: @BecarefulOct 18, 2016 3:31:17 PM

1. No one should choose or not choose a school based on Greek life there. If you like where you end up, great! If not, there are so many different organizations/ways to get involved and find friends at any big school.
2. I'm also in a lower ranked house and can personally guarantee that hearing negative, petty comments from other people doesn't last past freshman year - even next semester will be better.
3. Since most sororities already had initiation, I'd recommend that you don't drop, because you won't be able to rush again. You said you like some people in your chapter, so stick with it for them! Be the change you want to see in your chapter. Gather a group of your sisters and start hanging out with better frats at their parties and pregames. Run for recruitment chair your sophomore year to help your chapter improve.
4. At the end of the day, your experience in your sorority will be based on connections with your sisters, not anyone else's opinions. Don't let other people ruin your impression on your chapter.

By: @Becareful
#2  by: back to the question   

AOPi will give you an extra look with you being a legacy, but you will have to be the right fit for them and be what they are looking for. Good grades are a plus at AOPi. Get recs. Good luck.

By: back to the question
#3  by: Advice   

For AOΠ legacies are looked at more so than other girls going through recruitment. Have good grades, get reccomandations, and be yourself!

By: Advice

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.