facebook

blinn team girls

by: pnm

Do any sororities give bids to blinn team girls? Is it possible to get into a "top" sorority being blinn team? Never heard of what the numbers were last year of how many blinn team girls actually got bids. Thanks!

Posted By: pnm
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: Well...   

You'll probably never get a straight answer from this website. No house will admit that they take BT girls. But the few that are offered bids to are almost always mega legacies, very pretty, and/or wealthy and well connected. Gamma. Phi took a lot and for some reason Tri Delt took a lot too, but at the other houses it's only been very very few.

By: Well...
#2  by: ......   

They all take a few....none of them talk about it

By: ......
#3  by: Actually    

Pi phi won't take bt girls because they have to get their nationals to approve/initiate them or some outrageous thing like that

By: Actually
by: HmmmJul 5, 2015 11:10:44 AM

It's not really outrageous when you think that BT girls toe the line between real full-time A&M students and just junior college students. Regardless of what Panhellenic says, they don't make the rules for membership, and calling someone who takes one class at A&M every semester "full-time" is the outrageous thing.

By: Hmmm
by: WellJul 5, 2015 12:43:20 PM

rules for membership are defined as a "matriculate of Texas A&M" and so by that definition bt girls can rush. It's outrageous that pi phi can blanket cut like that because of their pride. So if you're bt just cut pi phi before they cut you.

By: Well
by: HTown GirlJul 5, 2015 1:30:49 PM

I'm just a PNM but I know enough to know that there's no way for you to know what the "rules for membership" are for all 12 sororities, and certainly not for Pi Phi. Also how would you now that they require nationals to approve or initiate them? You're not a a Pi Phi and you don't know about their process at all, so stop talking about what you don't know, because the process could be the same for the other sororities as well... Or some outrageous thing like that.

By: HTown Girl
by: Hi Jul 5, 2015 3:32:56 PM

I believe she was talking about the Panhellenic rules for membership. I'm sure if you're that interested as a PNM you can look on the Panhellenic page about eligibility. I'm the Greek community pi phi is very proud about not taking bt girls and rub it in that their "grand president would just have to make a visit." YOUD know this if you actually were a student. However, if tamu is going to let bt girls rush they should get get to have a fair shot and ALL sororities should agree.

By: Hi
by: HAHAHAHAJul 7, 2015 11:04:27 PM

am i the only one laughing at the PNM acting like she knows everything?

By: HAHAHAHA
#4  by: Well   

Not sure why it is anyone's business what a chapter decides to do. Each chapter decides who is a grade risk and who isn't. I personally think many BT girls are probably from better schools and better educated than some girls from weaker school districts who A&M is required to take, but each chapter should be allowed to decide. Betting studies would show that BT girls who generally tested pretty well and went to harder high schools do better in college than girls from crummy high schools who were top 10%...... But just my opinion. I mean seriously, the university has them fighting to get in to replace the weaker students they were required to take wmany of whom flunk out. However, to be fair, BT kids are not full time Aggies yet so I don't really think they should get to do recruitment until they really are in. Just my opinion. I know it will make some people mad.

By: Well
by: I agree with..Jul 6, 2015 11:25:08 AM

Waiting until a student is going full time at A&M before they can pledge a sorority but I do not agree with kids at Blinn are better than the top ten at what you consider a weaker or crummy school district. I have seen a lot of kids fail out of A&M who went to what is considered a top school because they were not mature enough to handle the freedom from parents and not ready to put the work in that is required. Yes I think both schools are a mix of kids who are high achievers and kids who need a smaller class environment to get ready for the harder courses at A&M. But this is true at all colleges across the nation.

By: I agree with..
by: Don't be so smugJul 7, 2015 10:48:16 PM

You scores were so high and you got in because you are relatively smart and went to a good high school not just because you worked your butt off. Go look at SAT scores in weak districts. They do not have very many score that high much less ones who aren't way up in a graduating class. My high scool of 450 seniors had like two kids score that high. Seriously. The education is not the same.

Actually many girls who go through sorority recruitment here ARE from weaker country schools and got in because of top 10% rule only. That doesn't mean they won't do well, it just means that there are girls at BT who are better educated and who test better. There are many kids who don't get into ATM who would do well.

By: Don't be so smug
#5  by: well...   

I know several BT girls who had much higher high school GPAs and test scores than some full time girls, it's just because of the competitiveness of their school/where they are from. By no means am I saying every BT girl deserves full time and is just as smart, but just thought I'd put that out there. I know a girl who was top 23%, 4.0 GPA at a huge high school, but was just a few points below on her SAT to be considered automatic and she got BT.

By: well...
#6  by: former BT girl   

Anything is possible, but certainly don't get your hopes up. No chapter is going to open up on what they will be doing because for most of them it probably just come down to the girl and if their benefit to the chapter would outweigh the risk of taking a student that is not fully admitted. The hundreds of other girls that are full A&M will get priority over any BT girl and there is no reason why they shouldn't. Just be happy you get the opportunity and go into it with an open mind.

By: former BT girl

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.