facebook

rush 2015

by: GPA

If I am a Blinn team student and I have a Great Blinn Gpa but my A&M GPA is a 2.3 will that effect me during Recruitment? I am really involved at A&M( i am in 5 organizations including fish camp) and a hard worker; This semester was just a rough one.

Posted By: GPA
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: Truthfully   

Unless you are a legacy to someone with a lot of influence in the A&M chapters, rush will be very hard on you. Rushing as a sophomore is hard enough. But it looks like you haven't been able to transfer into A&M fully yet and I'm not going to lie, those grades are not good. Most houses will automatically cut anyone with a GPA below 2.5. I'm sorry that you had a rough semester but there are still Maggies and all those other organizations that you can be involved in!

By: Truthfully
by: worriedMay 18, 2015 11:14:58 PM

even with great Rec letter do you still think there is no chance?

By: worried
by: ActiveMay 18, 2015 11:46:16 PM

Unless you were in the hospital for half the semester and the rec letter explained that, not even a rec letter could save you. I know for my sorority and most if not all the others, if you are below a certain GPA you will be cut after first round. It's a handicap coming in as a BT sophomore, but your low GPA will almost guarantee that you will be dropped. But like poster 1 said, you can still be involved and join leadership of your other organizations as well. My freshman year roommate joined Maggies and she likes it a lot.

By: Active
#2  by: Yep   

Sorry, but true^^^^^^^^^

By: Yep
#3  by: Blinn team   

I rushed as an incoming freshman on Blinn team for engineering, and it was awful. I came in with a 3.6 GPA and a 29 on my ACT, and got cut from all but 4 houses after my first day. I ended up where I was supposed to be, but it was a significantly tougher process. Sorry, but the chances of you not getting cut is super slim due to your A&M gpa

By: Blinn team
by: GoGreekMay 23, 2015 2:13:14 PM

And your Rush was better than this girl's will be because you were an incoming freshman. She's already been here for a year and appears she can't handle TAMU academics.

By: GoGreek
#4  by: GoGreek   

I usually encourage almost everyone to rush, but I don't even think you should try unless your great-great-grandmother founded one of the sororities, your mom is a past national president, and you have a sitting sister. It's going to be brutal. Expect to be cut from all of the top/middle houses, and most of the bottom ones after the 1st day.
Since your Blinn grades are good but your A&M ones are horrible, it looks like you won't be able to fully transfer into A&M and handle the academics, much less the time commitment of a sorority. That may not be true, but perception is reality.

By: GoGreek
by: PNMMay 27, 2015 12:29:30 AM

I will still be able to transfer into A&M! When you are only allowed to take 6 hours and you take a hard course if you do bad it screws your GPA! Thank you for the truthful responses. Still undecieded about what I'll do, because Recruitment is something I was really wanting to do!

By: PNM
#5  by: Guest   

I think you should still do it! I rushed as a sophomore and joined a top house and I think that recruitment is something that every girl should try just because of the experience. It will help you later in life, especially talking to so many people in such a short amount of time. Plus you never know what will happen, so I wouldn't listen to the negativity on this page. Go for it and have fun!

By: Guest
by: PNMMay 27, 2015 11:08:54 PM

I do know Sorority Women from almost every house! Does Every house have a spring recruitment opportunity? I will definitely not be taking 21 hours in the fall so that will help with the grades! I am a good student, My lowest Blinn grade is an 87!

By: PNM

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.