facebook

legacies

by: Not a Legacy

I've heard that from some houses with a lot of legacies (Chi Omega in particular) it can be really difficult to get a bid if you're not a legacy. From my friend at another school I heard something crazy like 60-75% of a PC was legacy. I guess in the past the A&M alumnae weren't old enough to have college age daughters but the ladies who graduated in the late 80s, early 90s will start showing their in-chapter legacies in the upcoming years. Does it matter if a girl is any legacy or just in-chapter?

Posted By: Not a Legacy
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: Careful...   

They dirty rush and they drop you. They have been in a lot of trouble over the years. Lots of other great choices.

By: Careful...
#2  by: dont like xo   

They hold onto their legacies longer than most sororities. It is common courtesy to release a legacy at the latest after philanthropy day. XO releases them after skit which is rude to keep a legacy that long. Always trying to up their return rates and have no regard for the pmns.

Other sororities are so much classier in how they treat the girls going through recruitment.

And no I was never released by xo but have friends that have stories about them at A&M and at UT. Bid promising, leading on, fake, fake, to get their return rates and tent talk up.

I do not have any respect for XO and how they treat people. Very two-faced organization who try to act christian but are really a cut-throat competitive organization. FAKE.

By: dont like xo
by: Honest opinion Mar 30, 2015 11:38:04 AM

Who cares if they're cut throat? It's not about making friends is it?

By: Honest opinion
by: hmm...Mar 30, 2015 4:48:28 PM

This is in reply to "Honest opinion", if you are not looking for friendship or care about how others are treated during rush, then I do not think you have the right idea about what sorority or sisterhood is all about.

By: hmm...
by: sameMar 30, 2015 5:02:51 PM

competitive is good, but holding on to legacies 3/4 way through recruitment is not classy. I'm not a fan of their chapter either. Very fake girls.

By: same
#3  by: OP   

Thank y'all for your... Um... "Rush advice" but I just pointed out XO in particular because that's the sorority my friend joined, but this being Texas I'm sure that there are tons of legacies for the other sororities too. Obviously I know that a lot of the new member selection process is secret, but I was wondering if there are certain chapters here who have a similar "issue" like my friend's school where they take a ridiculously large number of legacies?

By: OP
by: WhyMar 30, 2015 9:34:07 PM

Dear OP (and Not a legacy),
Why do you wish to know? You don't sound like a PMN.

By: Why
by: Student Mar 31, 2015 1:49:26 AM

Not being in a sorority won't hirt you during rush. Just be yourself as overrated as that sounds! The houses know who the legacies are and a lot of the time will cut legacies that aren't theirs because they think they'll pledge their legacy house. You'll end up where you're supposed to be, trust the system.

By: Student

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.