facebook

just wondering

by: Nationals?

I know the general ranks for sororities and fraternities at A&M, but which ones are the strongest nationally? And what about in the state of Texas? Like how do we compare to other schools and are there any sororities/fraternities that just tend to dominate in Texas schools?

Posted By: Nationals?
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 2
#1  by: Shhhhhh   

The Edgewater sororities are the most elite on a national level and continue to meet in private and steer the future of the NPC. Those sororities are Alpha Phi, Delta Delta Delta, Delta Gamma, Gamma Phi Beta, Kappa Alpha Theta, Kappa Kappa Gamma and Pi Beta Phi. All of those groups, like all sororities, have weaker and stronger chapters. As you can see, some are less strong here while others that aren't as nationally elite are.

By: Shhhhhh
by: hmmmOct 19, 2014 6:30:31 PM

You're correct that there are certain groups that run the NPC.... But you listed the wrong ones.

By: hmmm
by: LolOct 19, 2014 7:34:46 PM

"Edgewater" from the way you're talking about it, it seems like you don't even know what that really is. It certainly has nothing to do with being "elite"

By: Lol
#2  by: Well:   

PiPhi, Kappa, Theta, XO, TriDelt, and Zeta are all pretty much the top sororities at most schools throughout the South in general, and that's pretty true for Texas as well.

Sigma Chi, SAE, Sigep and Fiji pretty much dominate Texas fraternity life. They also happen to have some of the strongest national chapters. TKE, Pike and Lambda Chi are pretty big nationally but Lambda Chi is almost non-existent in Texas & TKE and Pike, while big, pretty much suck everywhere on the university level

By: Well:
#3  by: IMO   

There is a big 6 nationally - XO, DDD, DG, Pi Phi, Theta, and Kappa. PKT is huge in Texas, not necessarily the best at every Texas school though. Others are incredibly strong nationally or regionally, these just stand out to me as well-known inside and outside of the greek community.

By: IMO
by: EhOct 20, 2014 7:44:45 PM

All that is true except for DG. Don't get me wrong, DG is pretty strong nationally, but they're nowhere near as big as the other ones you listed: PKT, TriDelt, and XO

By: Eh
by: ActuallyOct 20, 2014 8:26:18 PM

By numbers, active chapters (including some Ivy's), money raised, and licensing deals, DG is right up there nationally.

By: Actually
by: ActuallyOct 21, 2014 2:25:00 AM

Most members: XO, Theta, TriDelt, Kappa, PiPhi (DG isn't even in the top 10)
Most chapters: AOPi, AlphaGam, GammaPhi, XO, DZ (DG is much further down the list)

They are #1 in philanthropy i think though

By: Actually
#4  by: SEC   

Although not as strong in Texas, KD is actually huge nationally and very deairable in the SEC. Theta is not one of the top six nationally but they are strong in Texas. Chi-O is the biggest nationally by far. Google Forbes top sororities for a good answer.

By: SEC
by: actuallyMar 6, 2016 11:15:35 PM

KD is big in the south and virtually unheard of anywhere else

By: actually
#5  by: Texas   

Not sure about nationally but:

Top Texas Sororities: PKT, XO, TriDelt, Zeta

Top Texas Fraternities: Fiji, SAE, SigEp, Sigma Chi, Kappa Sigma

By: Texas
by: MeOct 20, 2014 9:14:29 PM

I would put Phi Delt after Sig Ep in your Texas fraternities

By: Me
#6  by: 2015   

Kappa, Theta, Pi Phi, DG, TriDelt, XO are top.

By: 2015
#7  by: Members   

Biggest chapters by number of members are

Chi-O
Theta (so whoever said they weren't big was wrong)
Tri-Delt
Kappa
PiPhi/KD (tied)
DZ
ADPi
AXO
ZTA

DG is also known to have a strong network.

I used the rankings for number of members rather than number of chapters. More members means more networking opportunities after graduation. Also, just because a sorority has the most chapters doesn't mean it's any good. For example,. AOPi (not at A&M) has the most chapters, but they are mostly at small insignificant schools.

By: Members
#8  by: This is it   

Top Sororities nationally: XO, TriDelt, Zeta, Pi Phi, Kappa, Theta
Top Sororities in Texas: XO, TriDelt, Zeta, Pi Phi, Kappa, Theta (DG and AXO are also pretty good)
Top Sororities at A&M: TriDelt, Zeta, Kappa (XO and Pi Phi are also pretty good)

To Fraternities nationally: Kappa Sig, SAE, Sigma Chi, Sigep, Fiji, (PhiDelt, Delt, Lambda Chi are also pretty good)
Top Fraternities in Texas: SAE, Sigma Chi, Sigep, Fiji, (PhiDelt, Delt are also pretty good)
Top Fraternities at A&M: KA, Fiji, (SAE, Sigep, Delt are also pretty good)

By: This is it
#9  by: Lol   

ZTA is not a top national sorority by any means.

Top nationally are Kappa, Theta, PiPhi, DG, TriDelt, XO

Zeta is nothing outside of Texas and Florida and a few other chapters. Few chapters at top public and private universities, lots of small school chapters and lower tier university chapters.

Theta and Kappa are at all the top schools in every state. Then PiPhi and TriDelt and DG.

By: Lol
by: OuchOct 23, 2014 1:30:08 AM

No need to be so rude DG. Zeta is actually very strong nationally, and is huge in the South at least. It has more active chapters and more members than DG, and whereas DG is pretty much middle tier across the country, Zeta is usually in the top at any Southern university. Not that DG is bad in any way, they are #1 in philanthropy after all, but you can't put DG in the top nationally without putting Zeta in too

By: Ouch
#10  by: Edgewater   

The Edgewater sororities are the elite because they first banded together to create the Panhellenic system and they do meet in secret to steer things in a good direction. Sorry if your house isn't in this group but the are considered by basically everyone the elite sororities.

Pi Phi
Gamma Phi
Theta
Kappa
Tri Delta
DG
Alpha Phi

By: Edgewater
by: Oh please...Mar 7, 2016 12:57:00 AM

No on Gamma Phi and APhi, and no one cares about edge water in Texas. Some stupid APhi posting again:

By: Oh please...
by: ^^^^Mar 7, 2016 10:22:31 AM

This is what I have always heard also

By: ^^^^

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.