facebook

tamu greek

by: How it is

PNMs! This is what you should know before rush.
1) Greek life at TAMU may not be as big as it is at some schools but it is still awesome to be a part of any chapter at A&M
2) And I mean ANY. Don't be fooled into thinking that it actually is mutual selection. We are picking YOU. So if you think you're too good for a house, chances are you will wind up without a bid at all.
3) Rush is increasingly competitive at A&M. Getting any bid is an honor. You're not too good for any house. Chances are with 12 houses houses and 1,500 girls, the houses are too good for you. Do well to remember that.
4) Just because your Blinn Team doesn't necessarily mean you will get cut- but yeah. It's a strike against you. Sorority women typically have higher GPAs than regular college women, and we intend to keep it that way. Sororities compete agains eachother's GPAs as well, so we are not going to risk a bid on you over a girl who actually studied to be a full A&M student. Sorry, not sorry.
5) The house you think you want going in isn't neccisarily the one you should focus on. I went in thinking since my sister was one thing, I should be that too, but I ended up liking a different house on and going them. Forget anything you've heard before walking in those 12 doors.
6) Be honest. Because if you don't like a house they don't want to waste a bid on you over a girl who actually wants it. I know pref they tell maximize your options blah blah but for Gods sake just be freaking honest.

Posted By: How it is
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 2
#1  by: good   

Great post and one of the only accurate things on here

By: good
#2  by: Yup   

YES all so true. I like 6, pref night is so frustrating with what the Rho Gams tell them to do.

By: Yup
#3  by: True   

I hope all the PNMs on this stupid website read this

By: True
#4  by: best   

Post on here

By: best
#5  by: yes   

Keep this at the top

By: yes
#6  by: yes   

yes

#7  by: yes   

bump

#8  by: I   

don't agree with the Blinn TEAM thing but the rest, yes. Especially telling them you either want them or don't.

By: I
#9  by: If   

You act like you're too good for a house they WILL cut you that day, and you'll find out at the end of rush (when you get a call saying you didn't get a bid) that they were, in fact, too good for you.

By: If
#10  by: I heard   

Panhellenic is kicking out PNMs if they're rude this year

By: I heard
by: noJun 20, 2014 12:18:47 PM

not true

By: no
by: It's TRUEAug 23, 2014 12:52:38 PM

PNMs will find out tomorrow at their meeting, but yep it's true. A sorority can report you to Panhellenic if you are down right rude. In the past there have been girls that are soooooo rude, like come in the house take off their shoes and not talk at all because they know they will probably get a sorority they are a triple legacy or something. Girls!!!! just have class and go through the process and think how you'd like to be treated. It's pretty simple, y'all learned this in grade school. Nobody likes a snobby, rude, spoiled child.

By: It's TRUE

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.